cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
does tipping your bike to the side right before you launch of a jump help i was watching guys at my local track and i lot of em do that whats it for?

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Scrubbing speed. This is an advanced technique, its so you fly low through the air, its so you don't let your suspension fully compress and rebound so you don't hit a jump really high, faster your get back to the ground faster you go. unless your really comfortable on a bike and can jump really good I don't advise you to try this, and tipping the bike to the right or left is rider preference.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ive seen kids do it.well i am one to but yeah.how hard is it and can you really save alot on your lap times?i have plans on goin somewhere with dirtbiking i dont care what any one says im going somewhere with it no matter what it takes.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Go learn how to corner, when you think you've got it aced learn how to do it even faster. This will save you immensely more time than that little twitch you see local racers doing off the face of the jumps.

Yes when you get to the top levels you can improve your laptimes by staying lower over the jumps but it is a very advanced technique that is of little value to you at this point.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Chili hit it right on. Corners are where you will see races won. If you can not corner fast you will be mid pack. The scrubbing speed will save hundredths of a second where corner technique will save full seconds.
Be sure you let us all know your name so we can say we knew you back when and ellie potter says hi ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
BigRedAF said:
Save a half second per corner and you will be 10 seconds faster per lap.

Screw up a whip and you will be in a cast for six weeks.
Yep ask my son 3rd ride back after sitting out 4 months because of surgery to repair a broken arm he was scrubbing over a 80 foot table. The first 3 times went great stayed low and hit the ground quicker. 4 th time he came up 1 foot short and when he regained consciousness we thought he broke the arm again as well as destroying his bikes radiator.
Corner to win :cool:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
This young kid that belongs to a riding buddy of mine thought heel clickers were cool, he was a good up and coming 250f rider in the 125 intermediate class.

After a heel clicker while leading a race at Speed World two years ago he broke his back. Now he just talks about how good he used to be.

DeCoster, Hannah, Johnson never used to do crazy stuff in the air. They just took their cash to the bank. :nener:

Danny "Magoo" Chandler did crazy crap. Most of us know what happened to him...

Last edited:

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
that stinks.so corners corners corners.and my name is devon leo luoma.watch for it on tv in about 6 years or less.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
cr85re said:
that stinks.so corners corners corners.and my name is devon leo luoma.watch for it on tv in about 6 years or less.

It seems you have the right attitude about it. If you put that into work ethic you can get to however high you're willing to push yourself.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
like make money kind of work.?cause as far as that im willing to pretty much do anywork for any amount of money.like this summer i worked harsh construction 8 hr days.from 6 in the morning till 4.sometimes later it stunk but it was the only way id get a knew bike.so you gotta do what you gotta do i guess?

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
cr85re said:
like make money kind of work.?cause as far as that im willing to pretty much do anywork for any amount of money.like this summer i worked harsh construction 8 hr days.from 6 in the morning till 4.sometimes later it stunk but it was the only way id get a knew bike.so you gotta do what you gotta do i guess?

6am to 4pm is 10 hours fyi.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
we breaked my boss was lazy and told me to take long breaks.i only count what i worked but i have done a 10 hr day it sucked

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
cr85re said:

I was more talking about working at riding. If you actually practice certain aspects rather than just riding, you can really advance your abilities. For instance, when I'm going to just ride with friends I'll tell myself to really work on keeping my toes in, or on braking later into turns and I'll mentally break down where I could use work and I'll focus on one thing for that day. If I just take a day to work on my own skills and I'm not going for a joy ride with my friends, I'll focus on alot of things to try to better. That's not so much a day for fun, it's basically a work day. I do it over and over and over until I get it right and I get it down for good.

Now the work you're getting paid for is good as well. It teaches you the responsibility you need in order to fight to get to where you want to be. Keep it up man, and hopefully we'll see you working over the competition on SPEED Network someday...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom