Motocrossing a KDX

Tinknocker

May 7, 2003
I was wondering how many people race at there local track with there KDX. I was thinking of racing the 250 novice class with my 03' 200 next year, but its a big maybe at the moment.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I race sometimes in the "enduro" class.
If your bike is stock then I'd recommend stiffer front fork springs and if you're fast enough to notice that the bike is more squirrelly than a normal MXer on bumps then you should lengthen your Unitrak tie rods 3mm which will lower the rear end like .6" and increase the fork angle.
And of course you'll need to dial in the suspension with the damper adjusters, after setting the sag front+rear.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
THere are several People who play on the MX tracks with thier KDX. But A KDX is not an MX bike and you will notice that really quickly.

cadjocky

Apr 4, 2003
I play with mine exclusively on on MX tracks. I'll probably get a 125 MX'er eventually, but until then it works for me. I get beat by better 125 cc riders and I beat worse ones (really worse). I bottom out on the big jumps.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
yes, I MX mine, and man..IM INTHE TOP FRIKEN 10! woohoo!! its not that bad...and im not really in it to compete. just for the rush and the fun. www.geocities.com/fantommulisha/results.html

Tinknocker

May 7, 2003
Thanks for the replies so far. I will have to check into doing something about the squirrelliness of the front end during high speed, because it is a problem. I dont think I will have to run stiffer springs in the front end because I only weigh 125# and havent had any problem with the front end suspension at all. Our track up here doesnt run a enduro class but I may contact them to see how many people it would take to start a new class. Thanks again, and I'm intrested in hearing more reponses.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
lol//that might say 10th, but its now 9th... lol ok tips.. umm.....ok, first of all... Im not even clearing either of the 2 tripples. IOm riding with older and younger guys, some on 2 stroke 250's, and some on 450F's I usually dont do good in the starts. and I usually place in the middle of the pack. But, you get points for all the races you finish... so I usually finish in the middle, and ive gone to 4 races so far. i think out of 6.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…