IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/includes/embed.swf" flashvars="xmlfile=http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/galleries/slideshow/3654.xml" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="405" width="500"></embed><div style="font-size:10px;text-align:center;width:405px;margin-top:3px;"><a href="http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/galleries/hybrid/3654">MotoGP Friday practice</a> - <a href="http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=MULTIMEDIA">More IndyStar Galleries</a></div><div style="display:none"> View this gallery at IndyStar: <a href="http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/galleries/hybrid/3654">MotoGP Friday practice</a> </div>

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Your shots?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SpDyKen said:
Your shots?

Oh I wish..

No, just some good shots from the Indianapolis Star News website..

It's a cool little app that they allow others to post on their websites.. Just wanted to share them with everyone! ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey Indy.

You ARE going arn't you???? :nod:

How about the mile tonight. Don't miss that. If you have never been to a mile, you will be amazed. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I've been to many Indy Miles.. Although it's been a long time. I'll be there for that, but I doubt that I'll be standing out in the rain watching MotoGP.

It's gonna be a freaking monsoon tomorrow.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
IndyMX said:
I've been to many Indy Miles.. Although it's been a long time. I'll be there for that, but I doubt that I'll be standing out in the rain watching MotoGP.

It's gonna be a freaking monsoon tomorrow.
I assure you that you will be rewarded, should you tough it out and go watch the race tomorrow. Watching what those guys can do on wet pavement (even on a poor quality racing surface,) may me more impressive than watching how fast they can go on a dry track. :cool: :worship: :boss:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, I'm 41 years old.. I don't do anything I have to stand in the rain for.. Especially if I am just watching.

20 years ago, you wouldn't have been able to keep me away from the place. This year, I'll have to pass.

The Indy Mile was freakin spectacular!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
So, what will you 'quit' doing when you are 51? 61?

Quit being a wus and go experience a new adventure. So you can reminisce when you are 91. :ride: :nod: (You don't want the real 'old guys' here laughing at you, do you?)

It's suppose to quit raining later this afternoon there. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
SpDyKen said:
Quit being a wus and go experience a new adventure. (You don't want the real 'old guys' here laughing at you, do you?)

:whoa: Too late! :nod: :laugh: :rotfl: :nener:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SpDyKen said:
So, what will you 'quit' doing when you are 51? 61?

Quit being a wus and go experience a new adventure. So you can reminisce when you are 91. :ride: :nod: (You don't want the real 'old guys' here laughing at you, do you?)

It's suppose to quit raining later this afternoon there. :cool:

Yeah, that ship sailed..

It's raining pretty hard right now.. I just can't stand out in the rain.. Eff That Crap. :whoa:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
You've still got one hour & 35 min. before the MotoGP race, (if it starts on time.) Rain ending in Terre Haute & Bloomington now. Ike is moving relatively fast still.

Come on now, climb in your cage and get your butt over there!

You already mised an action-packed 125 race, and they have postponed the 250 race until later.

You can still make it; get a move on it! :nod:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyMX said:
Yeah, I'm 41 years old.. I don't do anything I have to stand in the rain for.

I sat through Friday practice and qualifying in the rain. On Sunday I sat through the rain and saw some of the best racing ever. The 125 RedBull rookies race and the Moto GP race were amazing. You missed a great show Gary by staying home. It was worth putting up with the rain.

We did get to see some incredible racing at the Mile Saturday night, and a track visit from Kenny Roberts, returning to the scene of his TZ700 based crimes. That was good stuff:cool:

Last edited:

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I was there and it was awesome! I got a couple cell phones i'll post up here in a minute from friday. I got a couple crappy digital camera pics and some video from today that i still gotta get up on photobucket/youtube. Nothing special but figured i'd contribute. I didn't want to drag the nice Nikon out in the rain so i snagged my girlfriends little wallet sized thing she takes to partys for the stills.

Ok heres the cell pictures of the off-track stuff.

Ducati 848
848.jpg

Ducati 1098
1098.jpg

Earl Hayden on the right talking to some random fan. They had a hayden brothers booth set up selling clothes, auto graphed knee pucks and shirts. Earl was working there the whole day saturday. you could just walk up and talk to him or give him your money for the shirt. I thought it was really cool/funny that he was working it himself.
Earl.jpg

McGrath bike in the honda tent
McGrath.jpg

Track pics/vids to come tomorrow after i figure out youtube. I got too caught up in all the sights and forgot to take more pictures. :)

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, see I had one other good reason to stay home..

The Colts were playing today. So, it was really a no brainer.

Then at 3:45pm we lost power. The whole damned west side of Indy it seems.

I was going nuts. I can't live with out electricity. It just doesn't work for me.

Power just came on about 1:35 am. Talk about big suck.

Yeah, no, I still don't stand out in the rain watching anything. Not gonna do it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
One of the real highlights of Sunday's race was hearing most of the 91,000 people in attendance booing Dani Pedrosa when he was introduced. Nicky Hayden must have had a mile wide grin hearing that reaction from the crowd. :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Gary, they make a REAL slick little unit that sits in the yard, till the power goes out. It runs off natural gas or whatever, and is not real cheap. But it can also be priceless! To the guys that stood up to the rain, 2 thumbs up! Should have seen our Saturday pitbike race here, in the rain. You only live once, and it washes off and dries. And yes, I turned 49 on the tenth?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
One of the real highlights of Sunday's race was hearing most of the 91,000 people in attendance booing Dani Pedrosa when he was introduced. Nicky Hayden must have had a mile wide grin hearing that reaction from the crowd. :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: I love it. Pedrosa's a whiney little punk. :nod: Just my opinion and apparently the opinion of 91,000 fans.

Deadohioski. It doesn't suprise me a bit that Earl was running the booth. Earl is Nicky's biggest fan. The Hayden's are some of the most genuine, down-to-earth people you will ever meet. :worship:

It was a great race. Congrats to Rossi and Nicky.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
I love it. Pedrosa's a whiney little punk. Just my opinion and apparently the opinion of 91,000 fans.

Terry - You would have been so proud of the fans at Indy. They were gracious and accommodating to every rider on the grid EXCEPT that little weasel Pedrosa. I'll bet my last dollar all the riders and every journalist noticed it as well.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2008/mgp/indy/geebee/2/06.htm
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2008/mgp/indy/geebee/2/q.htm

Friday and Sunday in the rain was the most miserable conditions I can ever remember for a race weekend, but it was amazing how few people seemed to care. It was an incredible show and people made the most of it.

TV does not do this sport justice, and the same goes (and more) for the incredible spectacle that is the Indy Mile.
That was COOOOOLLLL :worship: :worship:

I hope they made a TON of money so this can continue for years and years. :cool:

Last edited:

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
ol"89er - I was just surprised he was working and not back in the pits with nicky. I wasn't surprised he was at the race.

I was pretty surprised that so many people were cheering for Rossi. I think if you went to the race in Italy, you wouldn't find anyone cheering for Hayden. I sat in the north west stand right were they come on the front straight. The people around me seemed happy that Nicky got passed. That kinda disappointed me a little.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Rich, I particularly enjoyed the first shot you linked to, from the press conference. That was one classic shot that Dean posted.

In fact, I think that shot was worth more than the usual thousand words, IMHO.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Here's the attendance numbers they posted at www.superbikeplanet.com

Friday: 30,978
Saturday: 52,010
Sunday: 91,064

Pretty impressive considering Noah would have found it difficult to negotiate the rains on Friday and Sunday.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
My friend Charlie said that it was a good crowd, too. Good as in not drunk, beligerant, burnout, or wheelying foolishness.

He said he's never had a more impressive weekend, overall, including attending the Bol 'dor 24 hour in France. In his opinion, in a twisted sort of way, he thought the rain and storms actually added to the unbelievable aspect of the event, other than forcing the cancellation of the 250 race.

I have enjoyed reading some of the comments of the european journalists after experiencing their first dirt track mile. Those folks were impressed! :worship:

I'll be going next year. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It was a different crowd than you'd find at Daytona or the like. I can't recall even seeing a Harley near the GP, but Ducatis were everywhere. I've never seen so many Ducatis in one place, and the crowds in the Ducati tents were the biggest. People all through the weekend were polite, and everyone sort of went with the flow of the weekend. It was impressive to see.

With Nicky Hayden on the Desmosedici next year they may have to rename the place Ducatianapolis. :)

The Mile race was really fun as well, and the Bill Werner built 650 Kawasaki Pro Expert Twins were incredibly impressive. Brock Schwarzenbocker rode a great race and conquered the mile on a bike based on the stock Ninja 650 frame. The place was jammed to the bursting point.

I read something funny on the forums at FlatTrack.com regarding the Indy Mile -
as we walked in a man said to his buddy "If dirt track is dying, this is one hell of a funeral."

Indeed! :cool:

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Terry - You would have been so proud of the fans at Indy. They were gracious and accommodating to every rider on the grid EXCEPT that little weasel Pedrosa. I'll bet my last dollar all the riders and every journalist noticed it as well.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2008/mgp/indy/geebee/2/06.htm

TV does not do this sport justice, and the same goes (and more) for the incredible spectacle that is the Indy Mile.
That was COOOOOLLLL :worship:

Just as long as Pedrosa noticed it Rich. And, from the looks of that picture, he did. :rotfl:

Daytona in the 70's used to be like that. Duck's, BSA's, Triumphs, HD's, and a whole bunch of bikes most people never even heard of. Now, since the harley want-a-be crowd took over, most of the people cruising down Main street don't even know there is a race going on that weekend. Much less care.

I really hope they start to promote the miles. There is nothing like a good mile race. The only thing better than watching a mile is riding one. :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom