LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
You could PM Scott? ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rich, elkiepoo and Tony! Hi guys. Is Motometal still with us? Last I heard from him he was playing around on the asphalt.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Rooster said:
Rich, elkiepoo and Tony! Hi guys. Is Motometal still with us? Last I heard from him he was playing around on the asphalt.

Hey Roo ... Hope all is well with you, Squeaky and the gang in RI!

As far as Motometal goes, yea the last I heard he was spending most of his time on the slabs.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
hey guys!

I miss all of you truckin' truckers!

I have a street bike or two but really don't spend too much time on them.

Last year I rode my dirt bike so infrequently that it seized up and I had to replace the top end, from just sitting in the shed. That was a wake up call. This year I have been riding more! My wife commented on that, and I said something like, the question is not why i'm riding more now, it's why I took such a break! Folks, it's in your blood. It just feels right. It's what is for breakfast.

A couple years back I picked up a Husky TE610, may have posted about that before can't remember. Anyway another aspect of motorcycling I have learned to enjoy is dual sporting. Gravel roads, level B (unmaintained) roads, twisty back roads. It usually has knobbies on it so it works on trails too as long as you don't go too crazy. One of the my favorite areas in the midwest for fun back roads is right around Pokie's area, Galena.

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes.

I haven't been on the site for months and expected to see that I missed some kinda Wardys thing. But I see no sign of it. Nothing this year?

Walt, I read about your kids growing up. It's funny how your brain "saves" the last image you had of someone and in the case of your kids, they were "a ways" from being adults last time I saw them at Wardy's...how time flies!

I have been lucky to have moved into a place where I can ride trails right from my house. Maybe not as awesome as it sounds, because that means I'm usually riding alone so have to putt 1st gear to be safe (in theory) but still nice to be able to test jetting etc. without loading up or bothering anyone.

Oh yah...by the way...I have grey hair now...is that normal?

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The grey hair is normal, especially if it is growing out of your ears and nose! Glad to see you back!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
Hey Scott....still have an FZ1? I don't. :(

yes, although it doesn't get much use. But, it really isn't worth that much and I have thought about selling it but every time I do ride it, that wipes away any thoughts of selling. One of the best all around engines I've experienced.

Top Bottom