weez440

Oct 22, 2005
i just bought a 01 rm 125 and i gotta put a new crank in it and i figure while i am doing that i might as well put a new piston and of corse rings and gasket kit. is there anywhere i can just get the complete kit cheaper cause for all of this in dennis kirk i am looking at about 325 dollars for everything. before shipping and handling and taxes.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
They only sell piston kits, gasket kits, rod kits, and main bearings. They don't sell it all as one kit. You might be able to come up with a slightly cheaper price at some of the other online parts suppliers, or even your local dealer if they are competitive, but I doubt the difference will be very large. That's about the going rate for all those parts to rebuild an engine on a 2 stroke motocross bike.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
And their price for it is $345 US, so it's more expensive, but does ensure you've replaced all the top and bottom end parts that could have been damaged by the failure.

qwert321

Jun 19, 2003
while you have it apart order a 2002 power valve linkage as the 01 one can come apart and cause alot of problems if i remeber correctly from when i order mine it was already changed in the part numbers for an 2001

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom