Motorcycle Carriers Hitch-mounted

lynn02

Jan 10, 2004
I'm looking for a hitch-mounted carrier. I have a Jeep Liberty. Can anyone suggest one that will clear a spare that is mounted on the rear gate?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I have a Motojackrack on my 95 pathfinder. It does not clear the spare on mine, but mine is mounted on a gate. Not sure how yours works? Either way, this topic is covered several times in this forum, try searching or looking back several pages for more info.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I have a "versa-hauler" for my xr400 on the back of my 98 chevy full size with a cab high canopy. The bike sits pretty far away from the truck. Far enough that I can actually open the back of the canopy and clear the handlebars. Can't lower the tailgate though.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
carrier

i have a racinray proto type took the best things from all the manufactures and built my own cost me a littlle over 200.00 bucks canadian eh .and works awesome logged well over 6000 miles no problems carrier weight is about 70 pounds bike is 212 works for me . why make someone rich spend youre money on a well deserved riding trip. unless you can find something under $220 but word of caution check for quality because bikes aint cheap .

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
You can make one fairly cheeply. I have to find the pics of mine again but if you can do a search you should run into it. Works great. I have put some mile on it and it has done me well. I think I have like 80-90 bucks into it.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
lynn - I doubt you will have any problems. I just mounted a Draw-Tite Class III hitch to my 03 Wrangler and I cleared the spare (30" tire with Canyon rim) with my Sport Carrier carrying my CR500. I probably had about 5-6 inches between the pipe and the spare.
You'll have to do some measuring on the hitch and carrier to be sure. I just lucked out finding a used hitch for $40 rated at 350# tongue weight. The rear shocks on the Wrangler, on the other hand, need a little help. Also, the wheelbase of the CR5 is about the same as the width of the Jeep.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…