Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Found this Gem on eBay Click It

At what point can you no longer consider something a motorcycle? I am really curious.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
U G L Y.

No Bid from me.....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by mx547
here, if it is three-wheeled, it's a motorcycle.

Anybody besides me remember the 3 wheel Morgans of the 50s and 60s (no comments from the riff raff!)? They never could get sales going in America because they were classified as a motorcycle, and people had to wear helmets. They had two wheels in the front and one in the rear. I never rode in one, but I read that they were very stable.

Last edited:

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
That thing is SAAWWEEEETTTT!!! And from looking at the exhaust.... will keep your toes warm in the winter. Bet that sucker is all kinda of loud and abnoxious..........

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

Anybody besides me remember the 3 wheel Morgans of the 50s and 60s (no comments from the riff raff!)? They never could get sales going in America because they were classified as a motorcycle, and people had to wear helmets. They had two wheels in the front and one in the rear. I never rode in one, but I read that they were very stable.
They were very stable. . .until the termites got into the sliding pillar front end. Morgan used wood extensively in their 3-wheelers. They were pretty funky looking.

Attachments

• morgan 3-wheeler.jpg
    morgan 3-wheeler.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 75

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
I'd take this Honda-Harley trike .... NOT

Jeeze, are those farm tractor rims and tires on that thing? :)

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Is it a motorcycle?

I think if you have to drive it, it's not. If you ride it, it is. From the looks of that contraption, there's no leaning allowed. Must be driven.

Although if you tipped a refrigerator on its side, and added two wheels, I'd probably argue with you if it was ridable.

Hey, I have trouble figuring if Harleys are motorcycles. Some are so covered up with so many suitcases and additional junk that you can't see the wheels. Who's to say some of those bikes don't have three and four wheels?

Motorcycles? Form before function. How about a good sea anchor for your 60 foot Hatteras?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I almost bet Carmichael could win on it.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Tony, we are not all 'Young Whipper Snappers'

Although THIS was not a Motorcycle, most people thought it was.

BTW, I had one, it was a 1957 model :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom