Moved, RM 250 jetting ? for elevation change

94formy

Mar 13, 2006
I have a 93 RM 250 with an FMF Fatty moto. The bike came from Wyoming at 7,300 feet. It's here in Iowa now (not sure what elevation) and I need to know where to start. The bike would load up some when it was out in Wyoming but now it sputters when you get on it hard. Some of that might be due to the half kinked expansion chamber that I am replacing. I have read all the jetting guides and am lost as to where to start. How do I determine what jets it has in it now? Where do I buy different jets? I've been to JD jetting's website but they dont have anything for that old of a bike listed. Some help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks
Josh

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Pull the carb, remove the float bowl. You can get to both jets from here. The size is imprinted in the brass. Contact a dealer and find out what the stock size is supposed to be. Then you can determine what size of jets to purchase. You may as well get several sizes of each and some new plugs. Then follow the jetting guide. Do it when you get a new pipe so you are working with fewer variables.

Top Bottom