Moving To PA...any riding/racing?

oldrmguy

Apr 10, 2001
I'm relocating with the company and we are thinking of moving to the Hanover, PA area. How's the riding / racing in this area? Any clubs in the area?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
there are 3 different Hanovers in Pa. not sure which you are thinking of(the furthest from the following places is near the Maryland border) but they are all within an hour or so of Tower City (members only),Rausch Creek , Paragon (my second home), and Jack Frost , and a few race tracks also. Click on each and it will link to their website. There are also some clubs int he area, I will look into that and let you know which ones.
If you are planning a move within the next few months, there is a ride planned at Paragon in May click here for details . Hope to see you there.

Dan

Last edited:

oldrmguy

Apr 10, 2001
I'll be moving to Hanover (York County) sometime on January. My family will come up sometime in early May. I'm glad to hear there is some riding in the area. When do the Hare Scramble races begin? They race all year round here in Tennessee so that will be hard to get used to.

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Hanover has a mx track (Happy Ramblers) it's membership by the year and you must do work and race days to keep your membership. The other tracks in the area are pay to ride, by the day or some do offer memberships.

For racing info check out dist 6 or dist 7, both districts are convenient to Hanover.

vetwfo'er

drop me a line when your settled [email protected]

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
It's a bit of a drive, but about 2 hours away is the Tower City Trail Riders. Approximately 12,000 acres of riding area with all types of riding from Fire Roads, to tight rocky single track. If your into hill climbing, Tower City has more than you can shake a stick at. Check out their web site at Tower City Trail Riders.org

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
15-20 years ago there were two tracks in Hanover right near each other. One was at a dirt oval track and they ran the infield, a whole section outside, then used one of the oval's straights for the finish line.

Is that one still there?

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Trail Ways is the other Hanover track and they still run various races. South Penn Enduro Riders sponsor the Michaux Enduro 40 minutes from Hanover and Antietam is the closes Hare Scrambles in Hagerstown MD.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
not sure when this post was but anyone going to paragon before the end of august this year??

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Look about 3 days back. Several will be at Paragon on the 7th and 8th of August. Not sure yet if i'll be there but going to try and make it on the 7th.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
thanx for the thread, i was looking for that for a while. I should be able to make it that weekend, i think a few of us are going to try to go this weekend so i can get a feel for the place since i been at school for a long time and haven't really got any riding time in lately so i probably stink. Anyways my bike is ready to go (running wise at least) I need to get a spoke kit for the rear still but it should hold up even if i don't hopefully. Keep me updated with anything new

dbrisson

Aug 5, 2003
I live in manchester north of hanover and love going to rausch creek. They seem to keep it nice and there is plenty of room for either track or trail riding. The drive is about 1hr 45 from hanover. I was going to check out happy ramblers but the time investment seems a little high plus they dont allow atvs (so my wife is out) It just doesnt seem worth it.
D.Brisson

Top Bottom