Mud off (new product)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
How does it work? Is it flimsy enough to vibrate so the mud falls off? Kind of like stretching a nylon stocking over the fender?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
it's a thin sticky backed foam pad.. about a 1/4" thick. with a sorta egg carton style surface.

Not sure how or if it really works.. I only saw the display at the dealer show..

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
it could work, but in the picture with the bike with that instaled the silencer doesn´t have much mud as the other picture...

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
helio lucas said:
it could work, but in the picture with the bike with that instaled the silencer doesn´t have much mud as the other picture...

That's exactly what I noticed first.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Maybe it flaps around and knocks mud off of the silincer too ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Take an extra set of fenders and laminate foam to the underside. Spray some contact cement on both surfaces, allow to set, and work it in, trim off the extra? And you better believe that photo looks like 1 got a LOT muddier! That guy seemingly does not like mud? I did not stay long enough to see a price. The mud riders have put such things on their helmets and in between the skid plate and engine for quite a while. But, how many times has the wheel rubbed your fender? Properly set suspension, it should bottom on the roughest part of the track. BYE BYE Foam, or poly urethane?

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I've sprayed the bottoms of my fenders with Pam before. It made things easier, to an extent.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Properly set suspension, it should bottom on the roughest part of the track. BYE BYE Foam, or poly urethane?

Excellent point... Hadn't even considered that... I'd imagine that it'd burn right thru where the tire hits the fender though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…