mud run 2002

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
I entered a poker run dirtbiking race and little did i know that there were 300 ATV's and only 20 dirtbikers. It was a 40 kilometer race through the muddiest stuff ive EVER seen. I went with 4 other friends and i was riding my YZ. We set off to a fast pace and made it to the first check point no problem but after that things kept getting harder, ATV's getting stuck EVERYWHERE so we had to make our own trails or take the long/hard way around them. After some very deep puddles we came to the mother load of them all, none of the dirtbikers even attempted this and were all looking for ways around it, i was already soaked so i figured i would give it a shot, when i went in all i could see was my gas cap (i thought the head was gonna blow) so with the help of 5 other people i got my bike out and managed to keep my bike runnning (WHEW). We kept on riding all through the woods where there was just as much water and something worse...logs,branches, and roots everywhere, and on top of it they were very water logged, my front tire was pointing in a different direction every second and i had to lay my bike down every 20 feet. Suprize suprize my clutch handle broke off! Which meant i was using 2 fingers to clutch the whole time which resulted in very bad hand cramps and my hand got stuck in a very tight fist(uh-oh!) so i spent about a half hour trying to loosen it up by rubbing it. We only had a few more kilometres left and i managed to loosen up my hand but i had a hell of a time keeping it from doing the same thing. When we got back i was so full of water and mud i could barely walk.... i got changed and talked to all of the people over BBQ.

I had lots of fun and enjoyed it alot but next time ill keep away from those ATV's !!!

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
You did the mud run out in Welland? Behind 300 ATV's? lol, your crazy!! That track must have been so rutted out its insane. I rode it last year a week before the event. I hope we are talking about the same place. Anyways, drop me a PM, I live in St.Catharines, ride Welland, Burlington and Bieda's all the time..

Bill

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…