shmiffy24

Jun 14, 2010
Hi. I bought a YZ 125 2001 which turned out to be a major waste of money as the engine has blown and will cost more than £500 to fix. I am looking at different bikes for the future (When i have money to buy a decent bike).

I am looking for a bike that could be used for both motocross and enduro riding. no more than 250cc and no older than around 2002.

Cheers.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Do you want a close ratio gear box or a wide ratio, or could you get by with either?

FWIW, the cross country racer I bought my 2002 KTM 250EXC (2 stroke, enduro bike) occasionally motocrossed it. It has an outstanding motor for a 250 enduro that can keep up with the true MX bikes.

I used to own a full enduro conversion '99 Honda CRE250. It was an MX bike that was an absolute joy to trail ride, and the guy I bought it from won a few enduros on it.

While you have put a 250cc limit, the KTM300 might also be a good candidate.

If you want a lighter, smaller bike that is a rewards agressive riding, the KTM200 might also work for you. They are a blast to ride.

shmiffy24

Jun 14, 2010
Cheers for the reply. im not too sure What i want at the moment to be honest. teh yz was supposed to be my first bike. but thats a bit of a bust so i was just looking at bikes that arent too heavy and arent too powerful. Ive only ever ridden a CRF230F so far.
Rode a GAS GAS 250 teh other day aswell as a CRF 250 and were both very nice bikes.
Im starting to take part in Enduro and have done a bit of mx so a bike capable of both would be superb. ( i wouldnt dismiss the idea of a 4 stroke).

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom