2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Ok.
This year I have finally decided to put my old Kaw streetbike on the road, a '72 S2 triple. I got tags and insurance and a learners permit. <groan>.

I got the permit 6 months ago. After having the permit for 3 months, I called to set up my driver's test. The automated system had me punch in my license number and it offered me a testing date that was way off in the future, 3 months away! I canceled the appointment and called again to hold 20 minutes for a live person. I explained that I was a licensed driver who needed to take a test for motorcycles, and I asked why the system was giving me an appointment 3 months away.

"Oh, they make you wait 6 months after you get your permit before you can take your test" She replied.

"Even if you already have a drivers license for an automobile?" I asked.

"Yes, you have to wait six months, thats why the system was giving you that far off date."

Okay, I thought. Sucks, but Ill deal with it. So, I let the weeks go by, and I called again on May 1st to set up my appointment. I called a live person this time and she asked me when I got my permit. It had been on the 16th of the month, so I had to wait until after that date in May (the 6th month) to take the test. Fine, I said and got my appointment.

I loaded my bike into my van to take it down there and I got in line. The clerk looked at my permit and told me it had expired. I asked her what did she mean, and she said that the permit was only good for 6 months. I asked her why in the HELL did they make me wait 6 months to take the test?! She told me that I only had to wait 2 weeks, not 6 months. I told her that a computer, and two live people on 2 different dates told me I had to wait 6 months, in fact that was why I had to wait so long....

Asked for a supervisor which was a waste of time. He could not offer me any explanation.
Well, could not take the test. Have to pay for another permit and wait 2 weeks this time. I havent bothered yet. The wind is out of my sails.

:coocoo:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hmmm . . . Not near as tough here in Idaho.

I went and took the written test, they gave me a learner's permit (which allowed me to ride until I took my riding test). I called and made my appointment for a riding test, and rode up to take it. There were several people there to test, some on scooters and various street cruisers and crotch rockets, and here I was on my 525EXC. Passed the test with one demerit (you aren't supposed to put your leg out when you round the corner like you would as you're blasting a berm in the dirt).

Now, if it would just quit raining I'd ride Vic every day.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
My learners allowed me to ride ---with someone else who had a motorcycle license, they could be on another bike, or even following in a car. However, I dont have any biker friends to speak of, (street that is) so I had to put it in the van. Get this, they actually have to come out and look at your bike to make SURE its trailered or in a van if you show up without someone who already has a class M.

I was so looking forward to the test on the old thing. LOL. Bet its the first two stroke to take the test in a while.

Top Bottom