markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
Hi there,
This spring I had a division of MX Tech up here in Canada (Cycle Improvements) do some set up work to my 02 CR 250 shock & forks.Now Im still doing some fine tuning. Should I assume that the settings between the forks and shock are balanced? For example if I wanted to increase the overall compressioin damp. does 3 clicks in on the shock and 3 clicks in on the forks create an equal result on bothe ends?

Last edited:

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
You need to adjust one circuit at a time to judge whether the ride is worse or better, and each end will react differently at the same settings. What is the problem - if you outline what you think the bike is doing it will be easy to diagnose your problem.

markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
Im 210 lbs. Im just tinkering to see if I notice an improvent for the better or not with each setting.Seems like I bottem the forks more often then the back shock , but that could depend on how I land the jumps, how I hit the bumps, etc ,etc which can vary each lap. I really dont get as much time on the bike as Id like so its tough to get things just right.What Id like to know is , does one click in on the rear have the same effect on the rear shock as one click in on the front would have on the forks. Is each increment of adjustment equal to the same level of bottoming resistance when comparing the forks and shock?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom