ragingbull

Nov 23, 2004
MX tech is a go!

I would like to start this thread by saying MX-Tech and Jeremy Wilkey are good people and they are willing and do what it takes to get the job done right. As most of you who are reading this know I had some issue with MX-Tech but when the smoke cleared it ended up to be more a lack of communication and some rough handling by UPS that was to blame. Even when not there fault (MX-Tech) Mr. Wilkey went out of his way to make calls and deal with some minor issues to make sure his customer was happy with his services and product... What more can you ask from a service??? He is willing to do whatever it takes to make it right with his customers and I must give him the props he deserves for doing so. I would like to apologize to Jeremy Wilkey of MX-Tech if I at all hurt his reputation as he for sure is a straight shooter and a man of his word with good services and is for sure very willing to go the extra mile to make any and all customers happy!!! My friends as well as myself will use MX-Tech for all our suspension needs...

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Thanks for your detailed report.

Pass the cheese.

:ahhh:

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Bull,
There's clearly a disconnect in communication somewhere because this is so 'not' how MX-Tech does business. More information is needed in order to decipher what's going on here. If your friend is having a legitimate problem, I'm 100% positive that MX-Tech would own up to it and resolve; with a smile.
Perhaps if you provide more information, we can assist in how to resolve. But the best course of action is to call Jeremy direct.

MXTex

Miedosoracing

Feb 22, 2005
More info please. You can't just say they didn't do something, and then not say what it was. For instance your friends like has a bushing that scratched the fork, and he blames them? Tell us the info and let us make the decision... :cool:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I've dealt with MX-Tech.

I am a low level, know nothing rider. Possibly a worse mechanic. They resealed a set of forks for me about 1.5 or 2 years ago with no problems, on time and under budget. They will be getting ALL of my suspension work.

So you (vaguely) say you're having a problem, and won't both give them the opportunity to address the problem? That's not poor customer service, that being a poor consumer. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No doubt about it, even the best company on the planet will have a problem from time to time, whether real or preceived. What concerns me about this post and any post like it is when the person complaining mentions competitors in the same breath. Just makes ya wonder what the motivation is.

Miedosoracing

Feb 22, 2005
Okiewan said:
No doubt about it, even the best company on the planet will have a problem from time to time, whether real or preceived. What concerns me about this post and any post like it is when the person complaining mentions competitors in the same breath. Just makes ya wonder what the motivation is.
I was thinking the same thing. No addressing the problem and mentioned another company. I kinda figured good way to pull customers and spam at the same time???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Miedosoracing said:
kinda figured good way to pull customers and spam at the same time???

... make that WAS a good way to SPAM.

PAST TENSE ;)

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
I had a very positive experience with MX-Tech's associate shop, East Coast Racing. John Curea worked with me on a fork spring selection problem of my own making. I didn't give enough/correct information which fouled up my order. Through a fair amount of "leg work" he was able to get me what I needed. His only concern was to get my back on my bike ASAP.

I will definately use MX-Tech in the future. :nod:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i cannot really take an opinion of a spammer i never met anyways, there can be 1000s of reasons for a guy to vaguely complain on a forum . besides the 100s of posts here that are for mxtech tends to sway my opinion more heavily

anybody remember the thread with the guy who got the wrong graphics, refused to send them back :bang: and claimed he was wronged for not recieving the new set? :think:

elf

Jun 7, 2003
ragingbull said:
Don't want to start a new thread bashing people but I think MX Tech has done a very good friend of mine very wrong....

Then why start the thread?? Its not your problem (if there really is one)
but your friends.

Miedosoracing

Feb 22, 2005
I have heard if u aren't happy, send it back and they will make it right. I am confused alittle here. Just talked to my friend last night, and he is elated by their work. They told him that if he wasn't happy, just send it back and tell them what he doesn't like?? ALso, timing for anything motocross is not "on time" right now. It is full blown racing season. This sounds exactly like the post I saw a couple of months ago on Eric Gorr.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Hi guys Jeremy here. My friend told me about this post and while I'm in a rush to get out to Aztalan for the races this weekend I figured I better have a look.

All I can really say about this, given this is second hand, and no details are given, is the following.

We make a very sincere effort to make our customers happy with our work from both a workmanship and performance perspective. We even go so far as too offer a money back guarantee and we take the time to find a fair solution to grievances.

First off however we need to actually hear of the problem. Sometimes I’ll find out a customer was not happy long after the fact nothing disappoints me more.

Anyway every now and then mistakes happen. We take care of it, however I have a nicely equipped shop with some serious tooling, you'll not find hack work here as a practice.

Sometimes people want warrantee work after riding a bike for a year, and they are upset that you won’t fix it for free after all that time.

I'd like to know more.. Who is your friend Mr. Bull? Why are you telling the story and not him?

I'm out of the country next week, so I'd like to find out before Monday when I leave.

BR,
Jer

Last edited:

ragingbull

Nov 23, 2004
Ok Mr. Wilkey just sent you an email to Wilkey@mx-tech.com with my cell number as I do not have any weekend contact info for you. I will be available until about 8:00 tonight (Saturday) and I will be available all Sunday afternoon (after 12:30) and evening. Yes a call from you would be greatly appreciated.

THANX MUCH for the call and all of your time...

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
ragingbull,
If your friend doesn't want to make waves, why is your fat ass in the pool?

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
ragingbull said:
I would like to start this thread by saying MX-Tech and Jeremy Wilkey are good people and they are willing and do what it takes to get the job done right. As most of you who are reading this know I had some issue with MX-Tech but when the smoke cleared it ended up to be more a lack of communication and some rough handling by UPS that was to blame. Even when not there fault (MX-Tech) Mr. Wilkey went out of his way to make calls and deal with some minor issues to make sure his customer was happy with his services and product... What more can you ask from a service??? He is willing to do whatever it takes to make it right with his customers and I must give him the props he deserves for doing so. I would like to apologize to Jeremy Wilkey of MX-Tech if I at all hurt his reputation as he for sure is a straight shooter and a man of his word with good services and is for sure very willing to go the extra mile to make any and all customers happy!!! My friends as well as myself will use MX-Tech for all our suspension needs...

Well thats the hard way... See you guys in a week...

jim7411

Nov 24, 2003
After reading this post from the beginning to the end I bet that Jeremy Wilkey is just really happy to find out that you and your buddy will be using his shop again in the future....NOT!
You really didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know that something funny was up when your friend wouldn't even look into it himself if he had a problem. I think that we all knew that it was going to come out this way before you ever even spoke to Jeremy Wilkey. Didn't any of this throw up a red flag to you when your friend didn't want to take care of it himself? Shouldn't you have called MX-Tech first before going on a public forum and making claims that you really didn't know anything about?
I'll bet your friend is real glad he didn't stick his neck out on this one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom