mxbundy checking in!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Got a little insomnia going tonight so I thought I might see what my old friends at DRN are up too.

So......................whats going on? :)
I have been busy with the never ending struggle to get my business off the ground.
But I built another vintage bike for Danny Laporte so I thought I would show it off! I am building a replica of the YZ490 that Brad Lackey raced at the 83 Carlsbad G/P. He will ride it next season in the AHRMA national post-vintage series.
He says that he is the highest payed factory Yamaha rider ever, FOR ONE DAY! :boss:
Then I have to build one for Ron Lechien, its gonna be an 83 YZ 250 like the one he won his first SX race on.
So peace guys (and girls) !

Bundy OUT!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/mxbundy/DiamondDons07013.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/mxbundy/DiamondDons07007.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/mxbundy/DiamondDons07015.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BUNDY! Sounds like you are enjoying your business big man :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BTW Bundy this was a bit odd. I went to a little family owned Mexican resturant Sunday night and the Carne Asada was calling my name. I ordered it and it was the best I ever had, then I thought to myself "I wonder what Bundy and his wives are up to." LOL! Can't believe I forgot that earlier.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Outstanding work Bundy. Keep it up. We want to see more.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Thanks Rich and Patman,

Pat I dont have 2 wifes no mo! I had to kick one to the curb and our very on Thumbs scooped her up and she is his new bride to deal with! :laugh:

Rich,
That bike is actually more GO than show.
I sent the crank out and had it dynamically balanced.
Teddy Boyko ported the cylinder and did a head mod.
38 mm flat slide mikuni (venturi cut)
I drilled out all the motor mounts and put the next size larger bolts.
Billet clamps.
Race Tech donated the suspension.
But the transformation from a clapped out $500.00 craigslist bike to this is like the Phoenix rising.
The motor runs like you would not believe. When you rap on the throttle its a solid RRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP! Not the pop, fart wheeze of the stocker! And the levers barely vibrate.

I am building a brother to this one for myself and we are going to enter the 24 Hours of Glen Helen on it.
May also have an announcement on a couple of high profile teammates.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
BUNDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Beautiful bike. :cool: Excellent job.

Are you going to be at GH for the nats? Hope to see you there.

Haven't seen Thumbsy much. I guess your sis is keeping him pretty busy. :ohmy: :rotfl:

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
So you quit putting in bathroom partitions for this? :whoa:

Nice to see that someone is having fun making money ..:cool:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sweet bikes mate!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice Bike Bundy! Are you planning on coming out to the AHRMA race in New Mexico weekend after next...14th-16th?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ol'89r said:
BUNDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Beautiful bike. :cool: Excellent job.

Are you going to be at GH for the nats? Hope to see you there.

Haven't seen Thumbsy much. I guess your sis is keeping him pretty busy. :ohmy: :rotfl:

Keep up the good work.

I'll be at the Nationals on Sunday Terry. I'll keep my open for ya.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
YZ165 said:
Nice Bike Bundy! Are you planning on coming out to the AHRMA race in New Mexico weekend after next...14th-16th?
Unless something drastic happens.....YES! :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What exactly has Thumbs been keeping open?! :eek:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
mxbundy said:
What, no love for the Bundster! :p

We'll keep the other eye open for you Bundster. :cool:

For those coming to GH from Orange Co. or LA. All lanes of the 91 freeway will be closed all night friday and saturday until 9:00 AM sunday morning. Suggest taking the 57 freeway to the 60 and go East to the 15. I believe they are adding a lane at Green River.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Cool, I should be out there at some point, I'll keep my eyes open for that beauty of a bike....or is staying home? Last year they had a race for newer bikes I did....gonna try and do it again this year! Hope to see ya out there! Matt

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Bundy!!!!!! Good to see you here! Thumbs you too! Say hello to Amy and the kids and Julie for me.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…