Well I am no AJ, but check out my latest project....

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Well I am no AJ, but check out my latest project....UPDATED WITH PICS

IMG_0161.jpg
I have had a 93 YZ80 rolling chassis laying around and a 82 XR100 that I bought for a hundred bucks, and look what happened this weekend....... :yikes:
IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg

Of course the next step is powder coating and replating of all fasteners. Plus new everything else!

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That is pretty cool Bundy! And you don't even what to know what AJ's latest project was LOL!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool stuff Bundy. You should have a blast riding that.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
ready for thumper class this weekend at fvor or what????

i think aj needs to bring over the rattle can to get it painted up!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
bundy! cool!

as pat said, odd timing, as i just got done with one of these style Xr100/ conversions..
:)

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
AJ Waggoner said:
bundy! cool!

as pat said, odd timing, as i just got done with one of these style Xr100/ conversions..

Sweet!
This bike is going to get the full resto!Powder coating, replating on all the fasteners and new polished spokes.
But it is for my youngest Bundet, Brynna!
For my oldest daughter who has out grown her DRZ125.
I am converting it to a DR200 with full KX100 suspension.
But I want to finish this one first.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey AJ.......

Look at this picture........
IMG_0159.jpg

See how the kick starter sticks out a little to far. ( this is just the way it ended up after lining up the drive chain)

Can I heat it up and bend it in so that it is closer to the frame? Cut the lever part off of the part that clamps the kick shaft and reposition it? The kick lever appears to be a forging. Or by chance I wonder if Honda has a kick shaft on a different model that doesnt stick out as far?

thanks
Bundy

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
well
the XR conversionms tend to leave the kickstater out there like that,,
and if the engines "breathed" on the shafts break if you mod them...

but yeah you can heat them/bend them some to tuck it in a little tighter towrds the frame,, but its hard to do both and leave clearence for the brake pedal as well

ive "heard" that a banshee kickstarter fits the spline of the shaft,,
and works out better
,but havnt tried it yet to find out!
i plan to try it though..!!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You guys are having WAYYYYY too much fun! Sweet! :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Wow ... talk about a coincindence ... I was just thinking about the XR100 thing in a motocross chassis while driving to work this morning (or maybe I think about bikes too much) :coocoo:. I was reminiscing about a time in the early 70's when a few of us were at a motocross race in Edmonton.

I say, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if someone put a XR100 motor in a Elsinore chassis". Everyone looked at me like I'd lost my mind and started to chuckle.

"Well, it would be a fun bike ... don't ya think?"
They laughed even harder. :think:

Some people just don't get it .....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Very nice Bunster. That engine looks like it was made for it. That will make a very nice play bike. :cool:

As always, good work AJ. :nod:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
AJ Waggoner said:
well
the XR conversionms tend to leave the kickstater out there like that,,
and if the engines "breathed" on the shafts break if you mod them...

but yeah you can heat them/bend them some to tuck it in a little tighter towrds the frame,, but its hard to do both and leave clearence for the brake pedal as well

ive "heard" that a banshee kickstarter fits the spline of the shaft,,
and works out better
,but havnt tried it yet to find out!
i plan to try it though..!!

Well after checking out a website called socalxr.com
Somebody has already came up with a solution to the kickshaft problem. See the pic below.......
kickshaft.jpg

The shaft interchanges with XR75's 77-78, XR80's 79-84, XL80S's 80-85, and XL75's 77-79. I could just swap the 100 gears and springs onto the 75/80 shaft.
Thanks for the props guys!
AJ your bike is tits, as always!

Bunster OUT!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
holeshot said:
Wow ... talk about a coincindence ... I was just thinking about the XR100 thing in a motocross chassis while driving to work this morning (or maybe I think about bikes too much) :coocoo:. I was reminiscing about a time in the early 70's when a few of us were at a motocross race in Edmonton.

I say, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if someone put a XR100 motor in a Elsinore chassis". Everyone looked at me like I'd lost my mind and started to chuckle.

"Well, it would be a fun bike ... don't ya think?"
They laughed even harder. :think:

Some people just don't get it .....

I think the manufacters are really missing the boat by not building bikes like these right from the start.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mxbundy said:
I think the manufacters are really missing the boat by not building bikes like these right from the start.

The CRF150R is an incredible amount of fun, and appears to be doing OK sales wise (maybe AJ can confirm). I'm still surprised the other OEMs haven't built something similar. :coocoo:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bunday what about taking the stock shaft to a machine shop and getting it cut down a bit and new splines cut?

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
you can diffinantly shorten the shaft..(or find one from another model)

thing is then the case needs machined down and newseal lip fit.. not a big deal..
but by the time you shorten it enough,to tuck inside the frame, the kickstart arm often its the frame and brake pedal..
its a fine line.. lol

its just no tthe right style "bend" but can be manipulated to work for sure!

i'm still going to try the banshee /kickarm, as that is alledgedly a simple "bolt on" solution..
i'll let ya'll know..!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Way cool work men! What a great gas up and go ride all day bike! How long would the top end last on the 150f running 10~15 hours a week? I would swear that is what i used to put on my XR75 at least? I have the XR100, now for a CR85 frame!

Top Bottom