MXDN track at new comp park, so cal

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, i went to the opening day at the new comp park last week and had a great time. although i have never been on full size track before, i rode the new MXDN track since it was the the only one properly finished. it was cool, although a lot of people were complaining it was too sandy i liked it, very long wide and open.

i went there again this saturday and the track is really coming on well, its firmed up a lot and becoming a lot faster....i think this place will become my regular saturday afternoon hangout and hopefully the other tracks will improve and get sorted out soon.

i also hope the rest of the premises are finshed come the MXDN, it looks very incomplete but i know a lot of work can get done in only a few weeks.

i just wish i could convince some of the other so cal crew to join in on the fun!

later

bruce

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Bclapham:

The track at Comp Park is a cream puff compared to the sand and rock terrain we went through at the TWMC enduro yesterday. Now that was a humbling experience. This was my post (at another board) last week.....

"I was at the track on Sunday, and had a good time riding the big (MXDN) track. I found the sand ruts easier to deal with (and more fun to ride) than the mud ruts at Glen Helen (although I did crash or stall three times). If you hit the sandy, bermed corners just right, they can be a blast to ride through, so I'm hoping the track will keep it's "sandy" nature (at least to some extent).
As for obstacles, the two jumps that have a flat landing area seem out of place - unless those were intended to be a double (but even the fast guys weren't attempting it). It would be nice to see a couple of easy 30 foot doubles on the track to get that rythym feeling and let some of us "older" types jump a double.

The other tracks seemed a little tight (not the same kind of "tight" that my ten year old refers to).

But the bottom line is - I expect to spend a quite a few afternoons at the new Comp, cuz I like to rail in the sand. "

(unless it's like the loose sand in a desert sandwash at a TWMC enduro).

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Thanks for the reply holeshot, i think i saw it in proride.

the MXDN track has come on loads since last week, i didnt go back to the other tracks since now them seem so small. i think the comp want to have too many smaller tracks when a couple of decent sizedd ones would suffice. i think if we keep on at compparkjim on this the message will get through though! the only other small problem are some large rocks coming through the tracks surface

hopefully we can meet up to ride soon, i doubt i will ride the next couple of weeks since i have a visa issue to sort, but if i make it back ok (knock on wood) i expect to be there quite a bit this summer. hopefully we will get more people to join in also....ive been there the last three saturdays on my own now! i dont like riding by myself :( , but somtimes its the only way!

the rest of the place looks a long way off (buildings etc.) i really hope they can get it finished before sept 28th!

i hope to get in touch sometime after this weekend

regards

bruce

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom