My bike is missing something!!!!

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
can some one look at the pic and tell me what the circled thing is what it does, why doesnt mine have it, and how can it affect my bike???
i have a 1993 kdx 125

www.geocities.com/wumember123/onekaw200gr.jpg

thx in advance

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
That's the rear shock oil resevour (sp), according to the Kaw web site, a 93 kx125 should have one. If you don't then it's not the stock shock, but a good aftermarket shock would still have one.

I'd advise taking a closer look at it. I bet it's in there somewhere

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
where can i find like what it is exactly what it can affect my bike not having it etc

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the remote shock resevoir is an external tank that hold shock oil. In extreme cases your shock oil heats up, having an external tank allows more fluid capacity without changing the dampening characteristics of the shock. You standard car does not have this but most dirtbikes do. This is most likely not a case were it was removed from the stock shock, as it would leave the stock shock useless from the oil squirting out. If you suspension works, don't worry about it, if you are that worried, you could disassemble you bike trying to find exactly were it is, or if you have a non original shock.

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
it is actually the canister where the nitrogen bladder is, i think you would find your shock to be extremely shoft without it, i just took apart my rear shock to change the oil and you have to take that apart too becuause there is oil in there but there is also a bladder thing that holds the nitrogen gas, after changing the oil and before getting it recharged with nitrogen i noticed you could easily move the shaft of the shock in and out, but once i got it recharged with the nitrogen it was much harder to push in and it would kind of spring back out.

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Dear WUMEMBER,

Is your bike a KDX125SR? I just used "Google" to search for a KDX125SR and the airbox configuration, etc. looks different than a KDX200R. You really can't see from the photos if there is a reservoir on the shock or not... Best bet would be to ask someone who has the same model bike as you.

If it's too soft, it may be your spring. What is your weight? I have a KMX125R in the Philippines that is to soft for me because it is set up for 130# Filipinos not 170# Americanos. The KDX125SR didn't make it out (except for a few exported bikes) of Japan, so maybe you're facing the same "size of intented rider" issue.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…