and where do i spill it out so i can replace oil

i only see one hole and i was told its for the gear oil

05KX125

Nov 5, 2005
demon999 said:
where do i fill the engine oil?
and where do i spill it out so i can replace oil

i only see one hole and i was told its for the gear oil
The oil cap you see is for the crankcase (transmission oil). And the drain plug is the bolt underneath the engine. To change it pull out the plastic cap up top to let air in, and then remove the drain bolt underneath, and let the oil drain out. When thats done, reinstall the blot underneath, and fill the crankcase with oil using 10 w 40 or two stroke trans oil. To get the proper level make sure the bike is upright and fill it unitl the oil level is visible to the middle of the little window on the crankcase cover just behind the rear brake pedal. Then kick the motor over a few times and check it again, adding if nessary. As for the engine oil. Your bike is a two stroke and therefore dosent oil its self like a four stroke engine. You must MIX THE GAS AND OIL using two stroke engine oil. Im guessing that the ratio is 32:1 but im not sure for the 96. DO NOT RUN IT ON STRAIGHT GAS! You will seize the engine. The oil you mix into the gas is the only lubrication for the cylinder, piston, etc. The crankcase oil has nothing to do with oiling anything but the trans and clutch. If you dont have an owners manual, you should get one. Its always good to have

Last edited:

demon999

Nov 13, 2005
thanks a lot man!
i was fill it up twice with stright gas!!!
another one- how do i do it- the mix of 32:1 oil and gas??

05KX125

Nov 5, 2005
DO NOT run it any longer on straight gas!!!! Make sure to use two cycle engine oil to mix with the gas, NOT regular 10w40 motor oil, that is for the crankcase only

Last edited:

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
05KX125 is correct use two stroke oil only but 32 : 1 ratio is 4 oz of oil to one gallon of gas. Drain your tank of the gas in it and start with new mix now! Good luck. Ed

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom