My first ride: April 23rd. Which trail should we try?

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
It looks as if a couple of us will be going up riding on April 23rd. Since I have little experience with the Michigan trail system, which trail should we pick??

I've got the WR500 all together, and unfortunately I CANNOT attend the district 14 enduro on the 25th due to schedule conflict!! So we're going to move up to the 23rd and go riding on that day.

Where should I go? Gladwin? Evart? The mounds in Genesee County? Any other suggestions?

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
He he he!! "dont get it dirty"!! I love it!

Well, we've decided to head up to Mio on the 23rd, and start out at the parking lot either at Mack Lake, or off M33 south of Mio. Then we'll do the loop that takes us up to Bull Gap and play for a while. One of our group has a quad and we're all beginners, so we'll stick to the wider stuff for now.

I just got back from seeing Jason and Steve at Sicassracing in Clarkston, Michigan, and brought home a big box of goodies for the bike. I'm itching to strap 'em on but first I need to work up a wiring diagram!!

There was some even better news that arrived in the mail today, and I wasted no time in dropping by the secretary of state to show them my proof of insurance and pay my $27! So sitting next to that big box of goodies is a shiny new Michigan license plate! :yeehaw:

Oh, and Matt, We're caravanning through Saginaw and picking up a bike in Midland. Care to go?

Rudydog

Jul 26, 2008
MATTSKN said:
Dont get that 500 dirty it looks so good..I have been ridding in the Gladwin area it is thawed and ready to go :cool:
I might head up ther sat. if I don't have to work. You gonna be there?

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I wish I could do the weekend but my schedule is so jammed with family stuff to do, that the only possible way to get out is to take a day off work and go on a weekday. I've even had to cancel most all of my car events this year. April 25th has, no lie, about eight schedule conflicts that day, including the D14 enduro & arbor day tree planting project. That's where I'd rather be, but I have to be home to host a wedding reception for two very good friends.

24mph,m/l

April 25 ?

There is no D14 enduro on April 25. That is a Family Enduro Series event, or as we call it in our family a "moms and kids enduro". The D14 series opens April 19 at Roselawn,IN

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Oops, you are right, I forgot the word family! ...and I probably rate at the Moms & Kids speed, since the last time I hopped a rock and a root with a tire, it was on a mountain ridge in central Australia in 1990.

Top Bottom