brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
Well my helmet came in today and I must say the bell moto-8 is dang pretty. I am going to do my first ride this weekend either at trophy club by lake grapevine or at Bridgeport (outside the DFW metro here in Texas).
Weather will be mostly sunny and 68 dang sounds like winter here may have to put on the long johns LOL.

Most of my gear wont be here until next week but I have the helmet and some old military boots so I am good to go.

I will be alone and not sure what to do so I will just pick a direction and go then try not to break anything. I will have some chilled beer and ice packs waiting for me at home.

One question I have how long will the wr250 tank last?

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
First ride, nice :).
This bring me good memories hehe. I was stressed before my first ride but once i was started it was much different and alot pleasant.

Let us know how it turn out when your back.

I was also alone without much equipment for my first ride. Be carefull and all will go well.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If you can find someone to go along for the ride, take them.. Cheap insurance incase you bust your butt hard.

Otherwise, don't try to jump anything or do anything crazy.. It's just no worth it.

Hard to say how long a tank will last. Every bike is different. You know you can take gas & oil with you... ;)

Most of all have fun and be safe.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I haven't checked the mileage/tank since I did all the mods on my WR, but I know I can go a lot longer than a "first ride" on one tank. Don't forget you have a reserve on there to get back on ...

Top Bottom