CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
My throttle on my CR125 has been like sticking it's very werid it doesit stick all the time just some times, anyway I relize how dangerous it is to ride with a throttle that sticks.

I cant figure how what it could be I took apart the asssembly and I did notice that the throttle tube is broke on the end alot of it is just broke off, could that be the problem? like the grip is grabing the handlebar under the tube and the grip is grabing the tube?

Any thing you can think of would help..

Ride on :aj:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You may try a search on this topic...OR better yet hit your back button once from this forum and you will seee that Eric Gore has posted a specific thread that deals with this situation.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
If the throttle tube is broke I would replace it with a aluminum throttle tube so you don't ever happen to worry about breaking a throttle tube again. Then I would give the cable a good lubing (I use Maxima Chain & cable wax) and also lube the internal throttle parts.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Ok so I replaced the tube and the throttle was soo smooth and it all felt great, so I start my bike up and it just wont start.

I finally get it to start and it revs to the moon I go for my kill switch then I remember it's dissconnected so I shft into first and dump the clutch to stall it out well it just rides and slams into my garage well still goin so I put the clutch in and it is just like red-lining, so I shift into 5th and dump the clutch and it stalls out.

What could have caused that my throttle is not stuck do I have a air leak?

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
That what have to be a huge air leak probably which is not the problem. Check to see if the slide in the carb is fully seated in the bottom.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
How many garqage doors will you go through before you check out Erics thread. What's your honest opinion Durt, should he stick here with you till he gets it all hashed out, or maybe a little professional help from another thread? :think: Just wonderin' here...maybe I'm off base.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I checked out the post, sorry guys I would have never posted this topic if I knew that awesome post was on the other forum.

I am gonna first take the throttle apart and then start it if it does the same thing I know it's the carb or air leak from their I'll work with it.

Thanks for help anyway, and I didn't go through the garage door :silly:

Top Bottom