nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
This will be my first experience with Eric and crew. I am excited about having the work done by them. The cases have never been apart, and I have only replaced the piston/rings one time, it is a 92'.
I received the engine crate today, felt like Christmas in April.
Spoke with Eric this am( needed help filling out the service order), he steered me in a different direction than I had origanally planned. I wanted to bore it as big as possible and have some major top-end porting done, but was concerned about exhaust system availability. He suggested porting(mid to top) to the pipe I use now(Fatty) and just boring the cylinder as needed. Made perfect sense to me, I was just in a major HP gain mode. I race the bike at our local dirt drags, and wanted to step up to the faster class. I am only 0.54 seconds off of being in that class with my stock bike. Must run 4.49 or quicker, My best time has been 5.13 @ 62mph. Track is 300', 100 yd dash.
Anyway, just had to write.
Patrick O'Daniel
MP2 #689

nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
Yes, I had a 10" over arm built. Also, have slots cut in arm so I can adjust wheelbase, 66"-70". I don't run a wheelie bar, so I play with wheelbase and gearing, will stand up at 66" and just spin the tire at 70". I lowered the rear to 4" clearance, built a strut out of alum., I then lowered the front by moving the tubes up in the trees, had to build a set back mount for the H-bars. She will carry the front wheel to about half track and then settle down, when I have the wheelbase/gearing combo correct. Air shifted, lots of fun to ride.

Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Eric's Shop

I sent a CR500 motor to Eric and was very pleased with his work. He has a really nice shop and they love what they do.
I drove from N.E. Ohio to F.M.R. to pick up my motor when it was completed. The boss(wife) and I had a nice trip. I was really nice to meet Eric and Rich. I highly recommend them! It's nice to just bolt the motor in and fill it with oil and not worry about anything. Just break it in as Eric suggests.

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
I also had my KX500 motor sent to Eric last year, it went for a 2mm bore and porting (mid-top), he also did my entire bottom end (new crankshaft and rod, bearings ect. ect.)(which was rusted from water). It came back and I was extremely pleased! As far as pipes go, I had a FMF Gnarly Desert pipe (topend). So far, it just eats tires. But, I'm still in the process of finding the right, LONG lasting, tire. I have to run C12 to keep it from detonating and surging after a run, but all worth it.

Eric now also has my cr125's top-end going for a 144 kit. :thumb: As soon as the 250 needs a top-end. She's going too.. :yeehaw:

Thanks Eric! :worship: :worship: :worship:

nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
I have run C12 in the WR since day one. I was racing a dragbike at the time and had a small associate sponsorship with the local VP dealer.
I know Eric will do a great job. I keep trying to associate high RPM and big bore, and I know better. Have done several tours with nitro Funny Car teams, and Top Fuel bikes, co-crew chief on a Pro Stock HD team now.
I do need to figure out a way to display RPM's/or a shift light. I just do it by sound/seat of the pants now, would be much more consistant with a shift light.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Are you still running the stock carb? I noticed a gain when changing from the stock round-slide, to a pwk 39.5. Much easier to tune, and seemed to help, especially on top-end rev. As to the pipes, I ended up with three: the stock pipe (very restrictive), an FMF (good pipe, kept breaking mounts), and a PC (best pipe of the three. Bike revved quicker, only required one pipe mount, better overall fit).

Top Bottom