01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
I would like to hear from other 2001+ RM owners about how well after market graphics have matched the color of their 2001 or later RMs. About one month ago I ordered N-Style “OEM like” graphics (tank and shroud – N20-130), because I liked:
1) Previous small N-Style product I had purchased (clear sheet and black air box covers).
2) The N20-130 are complete coverage. That is they cover almost all of the shroud and the tank.
3) They are excellent plastic that conforms well (when heated) and sticks like mad.
4) I like the “almost OEM” look.
5) They have thin slits in the tank, which I like much better than the holes on my previous graphics.
These graphics came about 1 week ago. I arrived home late from working out of town. My bike had been prepped for over week, so I put them on that night. Perfect fit, I loved them.
The next morning I rolled the bike out in the sun to admire it. What the *#%@. The yellow on the graphics is closer to my sons 2000 JR50 than the “new” yellow on my 2001 RM. I couldn’t be happier with the graphics except for the yellow color used. The yellow on the 2001 OEM graphics from N-Style (N20-130) is closer to the pre 2001 Suzuki yellow (not neon, seems to have a little bit of orange in it), than the newer, lighter color.
So I called N-Style support. After a long discussion (she was very nice, very helpful…) they agreed to send me another set of N20-130s. She said sometimes they (graphics) darken in warehouses (I’ve never heard of this, has anyone else?, I wouldn’t know). The new replacement graphics (N20-130 set # 2) arrived about two weeks ago, and were the exact same “off” color. So to make sure this wasn’t an issue with fading.. on my bike, I took the air box decal from the N20-130 set #1 to my local Suzuki dealer. It (the color on the air box sticker from the N20-130 set) was nowhere close to a brand new 2003 RM 125, so I don’t think fading is an issue. Also:
While at my local dealer, I noticed they had a N-Style rear fender decal N30-240. It matched the 2003 RM125 at the dealer perfectly, so I bought it. At this point I have:
1) Two sets of N20-130, which are the wrong color. One installed, and one not.
2) One N30-240 rear fender kit that matches my RM125 PERFECT.
3) NO idea HOW to get a OEM style, complete coverage graphics kit that actually matches my 2001 RM125.
About tow weeks ago, I called N-Style (2nd call), and explained that the replacement stickers were the same color as the first set. That I consider all of these to be the wrong color. Also I had a N-Style 01 RM125 rear fender kit (N30-240), which did match my RM perfectly. That I wanted to buy graphics from N-Style that are the same color as the rear fender kit (N30-240). She said they thought all of their 2001 graphics did match the fender kit (and therefore all of their graphics for 2001 RMs). She said they would send me the 02 OEM like graphics N20-135. She thought that they (N20-135) might be the correct color. I guess I am hopeful that they will match, but on the other hand that was two weeks ago and I have not seen them yet.
Color issues are subjective. Maybe others would feel the N20-130s are fine. Most of my friends say something like, “Wow those are nice, but I think they are for the 2000 model, that’s why the colors wrong”. So they say they would leave them alone, just don’t buy N-Style anymore. BTW, my previous graphics were Factory FX OEMs and I thought the color match was perfect. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
Since interest in this thread was so high :-), I'll post the conclusion. Today the promised "02 OEM like graphics" (N20-135) arrived. The color of these is very different from the 01 OEM like graphics (which were quite orange, almost 2000 Suzuki Yellow). These match my 01 RM very well. I'll be installing them tonight. I'd have to say that N-Style did stick by their customer satisfaction guarantee.

B

biglou

I tried to buy some N-Style OEM replica graphics for an 01DRZ400 a couple years ago. Finally, after six months of "they're in the mail" from N-Style, I had to cancel the order and send the guy who bought my plastic and tank $45 (I had an '00 that I was updating to the new '01 electric yellow). I will say that what I've seen of their stuff has been top notch, but danged if I could get them to send me my graphics! In the past two years, I've bought one pack of their $8 numbers-the number "4" for "Little Ricky".

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am looking for some cheap RM125 graphics, i dont really care how they look, just as long as they protect the plastic. drop me a pm if you want to sell them

cheers

Bruce

01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
Bruce, I'd send them to you for shipping, but I told N-Style I'd send the 01 graphics back to them, so I have. BTW, great signiture line. Chris

Top Bottom