HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
Hey, whats up with the Lake Gillette ride? I haven't seen any new threads on it lately. I'm still coming over, though I'll probably be staying in Spokane. Whaz-up??

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
We'll be there Honda65.

The weekend of June 15th is still a go and they have campsites available for up to about 200 people so everyone should be fine. No hook up sites are $10 per night and hookup sites are $16 per night. The trails are accessible directly from the campsites so no pushing bikes through camp required! The fees include access to the beach and dock fishing and showers which are located at the store. Cabins are also available - $45 - $65 per night - will have to haul your bike from the cabin location to the trailhead - about 1 mile or take your chances riding down the highway which is done frequently.

One nights fee is required for advance reservations and it is refundable up to 2 days prior to checkin. You can make your reservations by calling:

Beaver Lodge Resort & Campground
2430 Highway 20 COLVILLE WA 99114-9011 (509) 684-5657

Tell them you want to be in the lower campground and you are part of the Father's Day group get together!

If you are looking for a hotel/motel see info check my post on page 4 of the thread at the end of this post.

According to the Ranger Station, as long as your bike is registered in the same home state as your vehicle you are okay. Temporary permits are $8.00 and available at the Dept of Licensing here. I will post the permit as soon as I can. If anyone wants one sent to them, email me.

From the recent weather, should be great riding by June 15th.

Here's the list:

NW Spodefest June 15 - 17th, Lake Gillette, Washington

Camping:
Bbbom & Karl + 3 little ones
Firecracker + Steve
Buttonfly
Dualsporter +3?
Kevbrig & GF + 2 little & 1 medium
Vincent WR400F
Fishhead + a few

Cabins:

Hotel:

Maybe:
Gospeedracer
TTRGuy
SpeedyManiac
Kali & Kevin
Mace & clan??
Ultrachrome

The trails include the infamous and technical Batey Bould system, and the less difficult Little Pond Oreille system. Links to the NMA maps are:
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/orvguide/mapne2.htm

Both 23 and 24 are accesible from Gillette

DNR info of Batey Bould (thanks to Josef):
http://users.eagles.sisna.com/yosef.eagle/biking/places/area/ne/bateymap.jpg

DNR info on Little Pond Oreille (little pond o'ray):
http://users.eagles.sisna.com/yosef.eagle/biking/places/area/ne/pend_map.jpg

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks—I was just going to ask this question. Looks like it will be firecracker + Steve, in the motorhome. Traveling in style now! :) I’m looking forward to it. I just hope the new bike and I will be ready for the trails!

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
This is Killin' me...

I can't come because of a commitment MY KIDS HAVE. It's not always easy raising kids to be responsible.

We just got 6yo daughter a PW50 and 4yo daughter is real excited to get the ancient JR50 handed down.

If we don't get locked out for dry forest, I'd like to get some of you out for my club's enduro weekend at Little Naches 08/25-26. I trail boss the Beginner Enduro on Saturday and I'd sure like FC-22 to ride it and write it!

Hope to meet you good people one of these days.....

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, Mace, we'll miss you at the NW SF but the enduro sounds like fun! Hopefully, I'll be ready by then. I'll have some more seat time in by then and be a little more comfortable on the KTM. What's the terrain like? What club are you with?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Might as well...

move me over to the not coming list. Too many commitments in June. :(

I'll be out in Seattle in August. Maybe I can hook up with some DRN'rs then.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i'm not sure at all about the +3, i gotta talk to the riding buds still. if they all dump on me i'll be on the maybe list, it's a long drive solo. for now i need to get the final adjustments made on the XR & go riding... if i'm lucky i'll have the parts & get my quad back together by then too.

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
Take me off the list as well. Some good friends we were going to visit at the same time aren't going to be there. So instead, we're coming over the weekend before. I'm still bringing my bikes, so I'm still up for a ride. I'd still love to go to Lake Gillette Sat. or Sun. Anyone else?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
UPDATE

We made it up to Lake Gillette for the weekend. Most trails are open and they were perfect this weekend, looks to be about the same for the Spodefest.

We checked out the campground and there are some options

To coordinate, if you are going to make it, email me at bbbom1@excite.com when you think you will be there, where you want to stay -

Choices are:

Sherry Creek - approx 5 campsites, very isolated, near a nice creek, access to trailheads, no amenities except a picnic table, first come first serve approx 2 miles from the Beaver Lodge site. Free and some nice loops closeby for kids to ride in allllllll day.

Beaver Lodge Upper or Lower Campground - approx 40 between the two campsites, not isolated, access to trails, amenities as needed, reservations taken or show up & should be able to camp there. Kid friendly trails available but no loops. $10 - $16 per night

USFS Campsites - approx 40 campsites, not isolated, have to push ORV out to the road then ride to trail or haul to trail, all the amenities. First come first serve. $10 per night. (My least favorite place).

We will be arriving Friday afternoon and staying through Monday. There are some logs across some of the trails but most of them are open. We cleared some of the easier trails this weekend and many were already open.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Can't wait--I'm looking forward to it! Steve is excited too--he likes eastern WA riding. We'll roll in Friday night, maybe late depending what time I leave work. Sherry Creek sounds good if we get there in time. Is it north or south of Beaver Lodge? I've been through some of those campgrounds but never remember which is which. We will have the motorhome so we'll be camping in style.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Kali, you're in Oregon now? I'm from there. We always rode in unofficial areas "back then". I'd like to see the official stuff one o' these days.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Pretty happenin' spode fest! Oh well. We'll have fun. Look out trees, indeed. I'm preparing to launch $5500 worth of European steel right into them!! Ha ha. Some of Steve's friends are interested, none have committed yet.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Karl is definitely entertaining. He and Steve need to ride together because what Karl does to the rest of us--all those nasty trails he likes to take us on so he can laugh--Steve would love. The nastier the trail, the better.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Been there.....

Originally posted by bbbom
Well so far it looks like it'll be:

Firecracker & Steve
Bbbom & family

Look out TREES!!!!

Sort of went through a similar deal last year when I was organizing a SF. Just relax and realize that the important folks are the ones who show up and the rest of us are all losers.

Hope I can make it out that way one day....

Top Bottom