Naviculer bone

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Anyone broken there neviculer bone? ( not sue of that spelling)
Broke mine yesterday, and believe me I know I'm not fast, but how does it effect your slow riders like me? Can you still hold on or what?

Maybe its a good thing to build airplanes!

Kevin

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
At first I thought you were setting up for a great joke (saw something funny on facebook with made up diseases)... but I googled it. Your spelling is close: Navicular.

(Probably better for building boats- hence its name.)

To clarify- did you break a foot (modern common) or a hand (archaic) bone? What did they do to help you mend? It is too bad you are not a horse because the navicular bone of horse lies in the coffin joint. I'm sure there's a joke in THAT for someone who actually is funny.

How do you feel and how did it happen?

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
From what I've heard on the interweb, that bone has very poor blood supply and takes a long time to heal. IIRC, breaking his is what caused Rick Johnson to retire from MX. He still rides, though.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
. . . IIRC, breaking his is what caused Rick Johnson to retire from MX.
and Bob Hannah

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
kmccune said:
Maybe its a good thing to build airplanes!

What kind of planes?? I've found it to be a less expensive to have dirtbikes than to build planes.
How did you break your navicular?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hi all,
I know about RJ and all... But what I wanted to know is how it effects someone just riding for fun! Other bones I've fractured, well felt different then this after a bit. And I'm wondering about grip strength. Guess I sound talk to the Doc , but just looking for real life experience. Dr Matson, I'm pretty sure does not ride dirt bikes.
I broke it at work, hand slipped off a wrench and flat palmed into a 20,000 lb chunk of steel. At least its my left hand.
As for airplane building, well the throttle is a push pull arrangement for the left hand, so pretty simple. Its a Zenith CH701 Cost of around $10,000 (depending on engines and I'm NOT using the $$$ one.) if built from plans and a longer life span then most dirt bikes. ;) But you know that 1990 YZ250WR is STILL in my garage, I ride it now and then... even after replacing it a couple of times!

Kevin

Kevin

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…