NBC???? WTF!!!! No live Redbud Broadcast...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is at the track.. The race happened.. So, who the hell knows what's going on?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It appears many local NBC affiliates determined they would get a better audience by showing Veggie Tales cartoon. I'd send my hate mail to your local affiliate and not NBC.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I watched it live here in Dallas.
'Course, this IS Texas.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Of course my local affiliate isn't answering the phone.

Be sure I'll call them on monday though..

Surely they didn't black it out here due to our proximity to the track.. That would be pretty stupid.. Considering we are 3 hours away.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Stay away from Winnipeg--Check, Stay away from Stockton,IL--Check...;)

I got it fine here.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I got the first 40 minutes or so. :| For some reason the DVR decided not to record the entire show. :yell:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Not to rub it in Gary, I live closer to the bud, and mine recorded it. And I have watched it 3 times! Indianapolis affiliates wtf? There are a few nbc channels from other areas available on comcast, just for such events.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
_JOE_ said:
I got the first 40 minutes or so. :| For some reason the DVR decided not to record the entire show. :yell:

That's O.K. 20 of that was commercials.

Steve

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not to rub it in Gary, I live closer to the bud, and mine recorded it. And I have watched it 3 times! Indianapolis affiliates wtf? There are a few nbc channels from other areas available on comcast, just for such events.

I don't have Comcast, I have ATT Uverse.. and only get one NBC affiliate.

I'm waiting for someone to post a torrent somewhere..

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I figured at worst you would have to buy a stink'in card? Newer pc's come ready? A hi def monitor/tv helps! Some of them older/bigger crt? monitors still look good. I am going to try the link also Gary, I want all the REDBUDDDDDD vids!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You guys will love this crap....

from the people at my local NBC affiliate.

-------------

We had to preempt it in order to air children’s programs. FCC requires use to air kids programs or we could lose our license. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jerry D. Luna

1000 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Programming Dept./Satellite Coordinator
E-Mail: [email protected]
PH: 317-655-5680
FX: 317-655-5677

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Looks like your affiliate could use a little P.R. help from the Houston affiliate on how to reply to customers complaints. Found this on another board.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so sorry that we were unable to air the Motocross Race. I'd like to explain why we faced a difficult programming decision. In order to maintain our FCC license, we are required to air 3 hours of Children's programming each week. This usually airs from 10am-1pm on Saturdays.

Due to Wimbledon airing from 8:00am-1:00pm, and the US Open Challenge (which was delayed from its original airdate over a week ago, due to weather) airing from 1-2:30pm we had no other choice but to air our required Children's programming from 2:30-5:30pm. This even required us preempting our usually scheduled program of Whacked Out Sports from 5:00-5:30pm.

I certainly understand your frustration. We have only just learned how thriving the Houston Motocross community is, and weren't aware that we were preempting a live event. Even without knowing those things, preempting any program is a very difficult situation for us - we lose either way, and disappoint some of our viewers no matter what we do.

We have addressed these program changes and lack of children's programming
time (that doesn't conflict with network programming) with NBC, and will make sure we never make this same mistake again.

The next airing of AMA Motocross will be on Saturday, August 22nd from 2-3pm on KPRC Local 2 as scheduled.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your viewership,

P'nina

P'nina Mossman
Program Director
KPRC Local 2
direct: 713-778-4745
fax: 713-270-9443

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom