tules

Apr 5, 2008
Hello, I am looking for an inexpensive dirt bike to just have some fun with. I will be riding street and grass no long trips and not really many trails. I don't need anything big and comfortable. As far as street legalizing it, I'm calling the DMV Tuesday to see what the requirements are in Illinois. I think It's just mirror, horn, headlight, and Brake light. I've been looking at a few light kits dont know whats best/cheapest. THANKS!! btw the farther south of $1500 I can get the better!!

1) 6ft 1/2inch
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Medium
3) what do you plan to ride? Fields, street, very rare occasion woods?
4) Do you have any riding experience?Sportbikes almost 2 years. ridden a few friends dirtbikes...??
5) Do you think you will race ?Not dirt
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?have changed oil,coolant,tires, sprockets on street bikes...
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?not really
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?Honda dealer(owned by friend), kawasaki dealer, yamaha dealer, and suzuki dealer
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? under $1500
10) Do you live in California?No
11) Your age?17 will be 18 in 3 weeks
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? Dont need anything nice! it can be old as long as i dnt have to feel like its gonna fall apart if I hit a bump! just something that runs good, and is fairly durable. Something to mess around with

Last edited:

krankenstein

Apr 12, 2008
I picked up a 1990 ATK 406 that just had a complete engine rebuild for about 1K. Its a little older but its a beast.... 6 speed, 399cc, 2-stroke, street-legal. I'd look into one although they are pretty hard to find. Parts are really easy to get a hold off from americandirtbike

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
a KE100 isn't all that high-zoot of a machine. It's been relatively unchanged since the mid-70s, so take that for what it's worth.

You should be able to find a mid- to late- 90s 125 or 250 MX bike for $1500 or less.

Top Bottom