redrider4_08

Nov 2, 2002
I have a 2003 KX125. I let my friends uncle take it for a ride and when he got on it and started it up he was holding in the clutch and kicked it into first and it just died. I didnt think anything of it and h just started it back up and took off. About five minutes later he comes pushing it back and he said it wouldnt start. I took it to my local Kawasaki shop and the said the cylinder was pretty messed up. It was scored pretty bad only on the intake side. First they said it was running low on oil which it wasn't, i take very good care of my bike, then they said something got sucked in there and finally they said it was a over heating problem. BTW he just rode it down the rode. It also was never low on coolant. They want 750 dollars to fix it. I dont think these guys know what they are doing. Does anyone have any sugg. Does any one no where i can get a newcylinder pretty cheap. I bought the bike in March so i dont think the cylinder should be bad already.

thanks

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The cylinder could be bad the day after you bought it IF you sucked something in the intake and ran it through the cylinder. Sounds like a whole raft of different problems they listed so i would be a little suspect. How often do you clean and oil your air filter and change your oil? I would be checking to make sure my filter still seals well on the cage and that the airbox hasnt been compromised in some way.

redrider4_08

Nov 2, 2002
I change my oil and clean and oil my air filter as much as you should. And I rode 3 miles right before he took it for a ride so it was warm.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
ReDbUlL_111 said:
I change my oil and clean and oil my air filter as much as you should. And I rode 3 miles right before he took it for a ride so it was warm.

That isn't what he asked, how many rides do you put on your bike before you clean your air filter and change your oil? A kx125 doesn't grenade after 7 months without some owner negligence.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Lets not play blame game.....he just wants a cheaper option.....Red Bull check out replating your current cylinder....thats the cheapest option you'll get.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom