Need Advice for Central Nevada Outing

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm planning on traveling to South Central NV aroung Ely & Eureka. Does anybody know of some good riding spots?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
There was a post a year or two ago by XR650rider (or something like that) about his trip thru central nevada. I think I have a hard copy at home if you can't find it here.

Brian

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
The mountains on both the east and west sides of Ely have lots of two track that range in elevation up to probably 8-9000 ft. In fact, there is a MRAN desert race in Ely this weekend - we would've been there but my kid decided to make his femur a two-piece unit this past Tuesday. Bummer...it's a fun race. When you go, just stay clear of Great Basin National Monument (Park?) - it's all wilderness area.

Can't help you much with Elko, but the Ruby Mountains should have lots of trail to play on as well.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
EUREKA, not ELKO! Sorry... Lots of stuff to explore in Eureka as well. Watch out for mines!!

holmy

May 6, 2003
The pop. of those towns are very small, that's probably why you did'nt get a local reply. I live north of there so I'll give you my .02 . Probably endless jeep roads with very little singletrack,dusty this time of year. I think Ely has a M/C dealership, you could try stopping there for info. BTW the Ruby mts. offer very little. Between wilderness areas and private land controling access to a lot of the rest, there's not much left. Great snowmobiling though. The Little sahara dunes in UT east of Ely have a lot of dunes and a zillion miles of trails trough cedars (lots of whoops).enjoy your trip.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom