Need advice/ Spark Arrestors?

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
I just got my first KDX, a 2000 KDX 220. It came with a Pro Circuit pipe and Factory 304 silencer, No spark arrestor. I wanted to trade for a stock arrestor/ silencer as I need spark arrestor for where I ride. I have people waiting to do this with me but... a friend said I was nuts to trade a lighter and more free flowwing performance silencer for the stocker. He thought I could get a spark arrestor insert fot the PC. I tried to e-mail PC but their mail box was full. Anybody have any ideas? Does PC offer this option? I need the spark arrestor stamp to be legal.I would like to do a trade ASAP as I am leaving to ride where I need the legal deal soon. Thanks

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Wally,
Congratulations on your new KDX, you picked a GREAT bike!! Not sure about the PC S/A issue, but if you're looking for a stock S/A quick, try EBAY. I've seen a lot of full KDX stock exh. stuff on there recently. Just do a search for "KDX" on google. Good luck and enjoy the new bike!!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
You're buddy is right, it's not a very smart move to trade even for a stocker. FMF and Pro Circuit do make some Spark Arrestor models for the KDX, but if you decide to trade, get in touch with me :)

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
If you'd be interested, I have an Answer Qualifier (not in production any more) SA silencer that is almost brand new. It opens up the flow a bit more than the stocker, and isn't a lot louder than the stocker. It is marginally quieter than a FMF TCII. $65 and I'll pay shipping.

Top Bottom