Jun 20, 2004
I wear a size 11 but I find that the boots that my dealer has will not fit me in the calf. I have large legs but only a size 11 foot, Does anyone know of a boot that has alot of calf room? I am wearing a pair of AXO now but they are adjusted all the way out and are still very tight on my leg

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Fly's new Talon boot can accomodate calves of up to 28" :yikes:
They are a Tech 8 clone, but sizing runs a bit on the small side. I normally wear a 10 in Gaernes, Sidi, & AStar, but I wear an 11 in the Fly's. The Talon boot is the first boot I have had in years that fit my calf & braces w/o having to make my own "extended" straps.

So far I only have 3 rides in the Talons, but so far so good.

iautom8u

Jun 21, 2004
I have the same problem. I wear a size 9 and have short legs with 19.5" calves. I have not found a boot to fit me. SIDI claims to have a 20" callf size on the Flex Force, but I can't find one to try on.
Does the Fly Talon really have a 28" size???? or was that a typo?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
iautom8u said:
Does the Fly Talon really have a 28" size???? or was that a typo?

Not a typo.
My sz 11 Talons w/ the straps extended all the way out measure 28" around on the inside.

When the Fly sales rep brought the boots into the shop I work at he made his point by taking a sz 7 Talon, adjusting the straps all the way out & pulled the boot over his head.
This proved 2 things to me. 1) the Talons open up really big & 2) the Fly rep has a foot fetish........

iautom8u

Jun 21, 2004
an update:

I bought the Fly Talon....and yes it has a wide calf opening......but the strap is not long enough to close if you open it wide. I can just get it latched with the strap all the way out, which does not hold well all the time, it tends to pop out of the boot. I am in the process of ordering some special velcro wraps that I can use around the top of the boot to keep them closed.

The search continues for those of use with big calves (19.5")

Top Bottom