need help draining gas tank...

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
I have a 2005 yz250 and I want to drain the gas tank. Could someone please lead me through how to do this? It's probably not that hard but I just dont want to mess up my bike.

Thanks

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
turn the gas off.take the tube from the tank to the carb off of the gas tank(right where you turn the gas on/off). get a pan or whatnot turn the gas on and it will drain out.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If you set your gas can up on blocks (if it's not tall enough), you can put the fuel line right in the spout and drain it into the can.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
crkid33 said:
turn the gas off.take the tube from the tank to the carb off of the gas tank(right where you turn the gas on/off). get a pan or whatnot turn the gas on and it will drain out.

Just to explain a little more if you're still not sure, turn the gas off at the Petcock (lever that says 'on, off' below the gas tank) and the tube that runs from that to your carb should have a spring clip around it. Undo that clip and put the end of the tube in a gas can, pan, etc.... then turn the lever on your petcock back to 'on.' That will do it for you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom