Need help think ttr is holding me back

mike7794

Feb 27, 2007
i am looking for a new bike. i have the ttr125LE but i think it is holding me back. i want to get eather a 250f or maybe 150r i do prefer yamaha i am 5-6 weighing 150 pounds and i am pretty agresive. i am mechanicly inclined with my bike. i am planing on racing again when i get my new bike. i am 13 years old with 5 years of riding experience. plz help me because i dont know what to get.

thanxs for your time

mike

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If you can figure out a way to get a 250F, then go for it.

Just remember, they go fast.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
don't forget the step-stool or a lowering kit too. the 250f is a full size bike.

while your weight says you can handle it, can you honestly answer that you are mature enough and skilled enough to handle that power too... a 250f is much MUCH different than a ttr125le or even a ttr250 for that matter.

my son rode the ttr125le before getting on an rm85 and with 5-years experience at 13, i would not put him on a 250f. of course my son just breaks 100-lbs in riding gear, so the 85 still works for him. but he also considers the ttr a dog on the track (esp lack of suspension) but still fun and controllable on the trails.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My wife, Squeaky, rode my WR250F quite well on moderate trails in the Midwest. She is 5'5". Once she got on more advanced trails (rocks, roots, New England area) she had to step down to the TTR125LE.

Keep in mind, she did well when there were few and far between technical sections in the Midwest, but had trouble with balance/falling over in the tougher terrain out here.

We are now looking into a YZ80/YZ85 because she has advanced in her skills, but still needs to be lower to the ground for balance and control issues.

The 250F's are full size tall, I ride the WR250F and a YZ250, just touching the ground, and I stand at 6'-0". With you being 5'-6", you may want to consider that issue.

If you think, look at your parents and how tall they are, that you will sprout up a few more inches, perhaps the 250F can be grown into. At 13 years of age, you could very well grow a lot, and be able to manage a full size bike quite soon.

Good luck!

Top Bottom