dirtbikefan

Apr 4, 2006
My TTR-225 is seems to idle and run fine until I get it to high RPM's. No matter what gear it is in the engine sputters at high revs. No major mods except FMF pipe. Do these bikes have rev limiters or is there something else to look at. I'm not real familiar with the elctronics. Dealers says everything checks out but doesnt seem normal to me. Thanks for your help.

Dirtbike fan

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Did you rejet your bike when you put the new pipe on? If not, it's probably running lean. I'm not extremely familiar with the TTRs, but I know they're similar to the Honda XR/CRF-F line and these bikes responded well to opening up the airbox, getting a high flow air filter and rejetting the bike. One last thing, these bikes were never really meant to rev either.

ttrman0

Apr 2, 2006
I had a TTR225 and still do as a play bike. It's more likely your carb. Sounds like it is getting to much gas when throttle is opened up. Looking at your jetting and try going with a smaller jet and make sure carb is clean of course. Also, make sure your choke isn't sticking slightly on. What else..? Might be worth taking off your gas container and making sure it is clean of debree. Bad gas could do this as well.

Top Bottom