Sprintguy

Jun 2, 2003
I fractured the Tibia right at the knee. The DR. went in and installed a screw in there and is now allowing me 50% pressure to be placed on the leg again. Before this he had me doing 75 knee bends in the air from as far staright as I could get the leg to 90 deg.

The Dr. recommended swimming to help at this point but, not sure how often I will get a chance to swim at this time of the year.

What can I do at home or in the office to try and gain full bending of my leg?

I am still on crutches and went for a couple of walks around the block trying to get get use to putting pressure on the leg again.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
After my knee surgery last winter I found that stationary biking (reclined bike) did wonders for strengthening and endurance. Just be sure that the repairs can take the stress on the pressure in pedaling. Swimming is a great way to flex the knee with little or no resistance

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I agree with Oldguy. The bike is a great way. In order to increase your bending range, lower the seat slightly each time you ride, feeling for that stretch. Remember to go slowly when stretching for range. If you want to work it out, raise the seat back up some so you don't hurt anything.

You can also continually stretch it while sitting watching TV, or hanging out here. Keep at it and it will come along :thumb:

Top Bottom