brettkrupa

Aug 22, 2007
Hey,
I am trying to get my dads old '84 honda 250 xr to a usable state, however it leaks oil like crazy. I have located the problem, on the chain side of the bike there is a large view hole (with a plug) to check the timing then above it there is another smaller plug that can be opened using a flathead screwdriver. All around the outside of this plug is broken and the oring behind it is exposed. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this part and where I could get a new one online because I live in a small town and there is not much around.
Thanks, Brett

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Is it the plug or the cover the plug screws into? There shouldn't be oil inside the ignition cover (left side of bike when sitting on it) so you probably have a blown crank seal.

brettkrupa

Aug 22, 2007
A bike mechanic I know had a look at it and said I just need a new plug and o-ring the part has been ordered, could not beleive the little screw was $20

brettkrupa

Aug 22, 2007
wow, thats an awesome site! My next order will definatly be from there! So easy for just the average joe to find parts! Thanks a ton

Top Bottom