backyard125

Apr 18, 2006
hey all
i have practically no mechanical knowledge and i have been given a bike that doesnt work. Its a 2 stroke yamaha dt 125 1975 (i think), its old i no, but im just trying to get started in biking, does any have the know how to help me out??
I have the carby off, the air intake off, and starting to take the top of the engine off? i have no spark, im guessing the problem is in the magneeto, but thats just a guess cause it has had problems there before?

any help is greatly appreicated!
Cheers
Craig

Lokair

Feb 2, 2006
You may wanna get some local shop to look into it befor you dump alot of money into it, old bikes are know for eating money and still not running right. A pro should be able to do the basic trouble shooting, befor you compleatly disasseble it. Part of trouble shooting comes from looking in to thingsin an orderly fashion, the mageneto needs to be teasted on the engine while its somewhat compleat for the mechanic to diagnose it correctly. So unless you are willing to compleatly overhaul the bike then trouble shoot it stop disassembling it. If you still have the the magneto in place and the engine turns over with no spark it can only be a few things that can still be tested, coil, Magneto, Wireing, and spark plug its self, the kill button and its componets ect... .
Just some advice do not tear it down and make it a basket case, trouble shoot it befor the teardown.
Lok

Top Bottom