reptikes

Jul 26, 2008
I need to know how much air pressure i should have in my back tire? The front tire says a max of 32 psi. So i have 29 psi in my front. My back tire doesn't say on the tire, so how much should i put in?

I just ride woods and hill climbs a small jump here or there if that matters.

Also i need bearing for my rear wheel, what brand should i go with?

Sorry if these questions seem simple, i'm starting out late onto the dirtbike seen (or any 2 wheeled machines). (2004 crf450r) My first dirtbike ever and im dam# near 29 years old!

Thanks guys,
Mike

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
12 psi front and rear is a good starting point to work from.

Here's a recommendation direct from Dunlop :

Here’s a quick general guideline:

* Hard pack: 11.5 psi front, 11 psi rear. This would be for normal supercross-type conditions with no rocks or large square edged bumps.
* Intermediate: 12 psi front, 13 psi rear.
* Sand/Mud: 12 psi front, 10 psi rear. The lower pressure will help get a bite in the sand and slippery wet conditions. If it is rocky and muddy we would not suggest 10 psi in the rear.

Ordering the bearing from a Honda dealer like www.servicehonda.com is the best way to ensure you are getting the proper bearing without any hassles.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
That maximum pressure was probably the maximum pressure that is safe to set the bead of the tire on the rim. Everyone I know runs much less pressure than that.

I will run 15 PSI if I am riding the desert and bouncing off a lot of sharp rocks. The extra pressure keeps the tube from getting pinched and leaving me flat miles away from camp.

When I am at the track or otherise rock free terrain I will drop the pressure to 12 PSI for better traction.

One time I had just repaired both front and rear flats then took off for a lengthy ride. The bike was handling like crap and it took two falls where the bike just slid out from under me before I realized that I had left the tire pressure at 30 PSI after seating the beads.

Rod

Top Bottom