R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
hey,
i got KTM 250EXC-F 2010, at first the bike was fine then i changed tires and i head kind of shake like a wave came from the rear to the front of the bike on high speeds which was pretty normal i guess.
after last ride i notice diffrent shakes (to the sides , left - right) i can say that they are defenitly from the front.
here are the things that might cause it from my knowlage of the bike:
1. i had pancher , fixed it - mybe the tire isn't sitting well - chked seems fine.
2. i removed the tire locker mybe dirt and water got inside the tire so its not balanced ?
3. i had some crash last ride which broke my front fender and also hit the the lower clamps and a little pieace of the steel fall of it (very small).
4. my shocks/fork had revale and service + new spring on the rear and bladder kit - i dont think it has anything with it.

on buttom line i notice it only after the crash but it might happen during the ride and only when i rode on pavement it become noticeable.
i tried to check the bearing on the wheel and it seems fine.
if someone can point me to other stuff i should check it will be very helpfull.
THANKS!

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
2 things come to mind firstly jack up the front of the bike and spin the front wheel If the front tyre or wheel are out of true or bulgging you will notice 5 mm is too much for fussy people. secondly See if the steering moves left to right and back smoothly, after a big front hit the steering head brgs can get notched. If this is very minor you can disassemble grease and refit, if notches or flats can be fell when you rub a finger nail over them it's time for new ones. assembling forks and clamps is a good time to use your toque wrench

Top Bottom