soccernak00

Nov 3, 2008
Ok... I'm 14, about to turn 15, and I'm looking to buy another dirt bike. When I was younger, I had a TTR90 and I outgrew it. About 4 months ago, my family bought a four wheeler(350 raptor). I rather have a dirt bike so I'm wondering what I should get. I'm not new to dirt bikes, I just haven't rode one in forever. And I'd appreciate it if you suggested something according to my information, not what you like. Thanks! :)

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
A) I'm about 6' and 130 pounds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
A) I am really competitive, I might be looking into learning about Motocross.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
A) I plan on riding motocross tracks, maybe with friends...
4) Do you have any riding experience?
A) I rode for a couple years when I was 8 or 9 on a TTR90.
5) Do you think you will race ?
A) Once I learn more about it, yes.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
A) I'm looking into being a mechanic, I'm still pretty new to bikes, but I'm also only 14. The only way to learn is by doing, so yes, I will be doing my own bike work.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
A) I think I'm more towards a 4 stroke. I still don't know all the pros and cons of a 2 or 4 stroke.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
A) I have a "Skyline" near my house. They have Yamaha and Honda.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
A) Probably no more than $6,000, give or take a little.
10) Do you live in California?
A) haha I live in Missouri
11) Your age?
A) 14, turning 15 in about a month.
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion.
A) I was looking at a yz125f, not sure if it has too much power though.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm going to move this formore views.

First ... welcome to the site
Second ... glad you like bikes better, they are much more fun
Third ... answer the questions in the sticky at the top of the forum. It will help folks hone in on how to help you out.

mx_rider_6

Nov 3, 2008
sorry mate but yamaha dont make a yz125f they make a yz125. f means fourstroke and the yz125 is a two stroke the yz125 would be a great bike im 13 and still trying to pick out of the yz125 and the yz250f but im thinking more about the two stroke gotta love that hit of power the 2 strokes have i have a yz85 lw right now so i say bring back the two strokes o and welcome to the site

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
A 125 two stroke or a 250 four stroke would be great for you. You definitely should get a "MX" bike verses an "off road/trai;" bike. For example, the TTR90 you had was an "off road" model. The MX bikes, such as the Yamaha YZ line, have much a better suspension which you will need if you start riding MX tracks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom