CRF250R04

Sep 20, 2009
Hi everyone im a new user.

I own a CRF250R 04 model i just got a bike shop to put in a new crank i got the motor back all good. I put the top end on the bike and all timing marks are lining up but when i kick the bike over i just get back fire through the exhaust after id say between 10 - 15 kicks.......

Its realy getting to me and i do not no what it could be. does anyone have any idears????? Thanks for the time.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Recheck the timing and valve clearances. Check the ap circuit for proper timing/function. You could read for days on the same subject via the search on this site. Welcome and have fun!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well.. Not sure how prevalent this is on Honda's.. But my brothers KX250F had the timing gear slip on the cam. Seems the gear is only using an interference fit. No splines or keys.

Had a guy find that problem, and fix it for me. It required him resetting the gear on the cam, then tack welding the whole thing.

I'm afraid that if this is your problem, you'll likely need someone with a lot more talent with engines to diagnose. Might just be time to take the whole thing to the shop.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom