Need Holloween costume ideas for race! Help!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
So we're racing Casey's Holloween bash this weekend. Should be fun - they have a bunch of stuff scheduled - hay rides, pumpkin carving contest, tug of war, bobbing for apples, 125 bike giveaway, free BBQ dinner, bull riding in the pits (whatever that is?) and a costume contest...

I figured the creative crew of DRN might have some costume ideas for when you're riding. Looking for ideas that are easy and cheap. Trying to think up something for both Red and myself. Lets hear suggestions!

Thanks! :thumb:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I wish I could help. When ever I ask what to wear to a Holloween party they tell me to just come as I am :confused:

Sounds like fun though. Have a good time:)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Here are a few traditional ideas: hobo, ghost, ghost of a hobo, pirate, pirate's best friend, pirate's wooden leg, pirate's original dismembered leg, gay pirate (Elk may still have his costume you could borrow), nun, priest, altar boy, parishoner, bishop, pope, Martin Luther (not recommended if you're catholic), dog, cat, geeze, I could go on and on.

I'm going as a motocrosser this year. I don't suppose that'd win you any contest though, huh. How 'bout a trials rider? I bet no one else shows up as a desert racer. Unless one of them reads this forum, then I guess I just ruined the idea.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Ooh- here's a few more combo ideas I just thought of: Sigfried & Roy, Elton John & George Michael? That'd be cool. How about two policemen? The term "partner" could take on a whole new meaning (again, Elk could help you out here). Two prison cell-mates? Two sailors stranded on a deserted island for 20 years? Man, I'm on fire!

Trail Boss

Sponsoring Member
Jul 25, 2000
RC & MC

or

RC & Bubba

Lucky Charms & pot 'o gold props ?? :p
freckles & red hair wig....for RC
Bud light & gotee ....for MC

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
LOL - great ideas, guys! Keep em coming. Keep in mind has to be something to wear over a helmet, chest protector, boots, etc...

Zio... man ... anyone told you YOU'RE ON FIRE? :p

B

biglou

A cape and a tiara (sp?) maybe? :confused:

How about a big ol' afro that fits over the helmet? Acid green or something like that. Or what about stick-on ears like wolf ears or dog ears or something? That's all I've got.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Put a trash bag over red and you be a trash lady.

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
I don't know how big you are, but if you can do an impression of Chris Farley (from Saturday Night Live) I would go as him. All you need is a big pillow stuffed under a bottom up shirt, and a clip on tie. Then just go around yelling in people's faces and act like an idiot. Believe me, I did this a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a big hit.

And the bonus, if you like to drink and get drunk, people will think you're just playing the part. It's cheap and fun.

madmatt

Jul 11, 2002
This might not work, but I was an idea i had one year. Since my name is Matt, I put some gel in my hair and messed it up to look wet, then I got nekkid and put a towl around myself and carried a rubber duckie and some soap on a rope and went as a "Bath Mat" It was pretty stupid, but being in college, all the chicks seemed to like it!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
LMAO Matt... thats pretty funny :confused:

But I don't think racing in just a towel is the smartest thing to do. And I'd be a Bath Nikki... it's just not the same :)

Lou - a big fro always gets some good laughs... good idea if all else fails. Don't think it'll place in a costume contest... but it'd be fun anyways. Man - this is tough.

madmatt

Jul 11, 2002
Nikki- Yeah, I don't think it would be a good idea either. Riding some woods might be a little uncomfortable with all of those branches and rocks poking and smackin' ya where their not supposed to!! HAHA!

Madmatt

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
A priest and a nun. :eek: :) Or Sonny and Cher. :)

B

biglou

You gotta keep in mind that Red is about 6'5", and nikki is about 5'4" (?). I got it, Morticia and Gomez (Or Lurch-Sorry Red! :o ).

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I swung by a buddies place today and his kids where watching Alladin, but I don't think Red would look good in a "Jasmine" costume :eek:

J/K, though but considering all the "Armor" you have to wear how about the Robo Cop theme? Red is big enough to do the bit as Murphy, but I forget his partners name. Another thought that would probably go over well considering the bulkiness issue would be Frankenstein for Red and the "Bride" part for you. Lou's post on the "afro" clued that one in. On another that would cover easily are Knights, Red, a knight Templar(Search WWW for pic's of the Knight's Templar, they all but ruled Europe financialy in the Middle Ages) and you as Jone of Ark, just make sure you don't detonate the bike to round is out :)

Good Luck,
Phillip

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Nikki - Last year for the Loretta Lynn Fall Ride Wendy made me a Cowasaki outfit (since i ride a Kawasaki - get it) :( I ended up not wearing it as i was too tall for it with my gear on.

Wendy dressed up as a leopard (see pic):

You'd make a good Lil' Red riding hood, & Red could be the BIG BAD WOLF!! ;)

ps - i too like that bath nikki outfit - maybe you could wear that to DW03?!! :confused:

Attachments

• ll2001 wendy the leopard.jpg
    ll2001 wendy the leopard.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 114

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
my wife and i are going the 'partner route" she is going to be cheech and im going to be chong. whooaaah man............slowsswww down dude. im cooking with gas now. she wanted to be the "cheerleaders from saturday night live" craig and arianna but couldnt come up with the sweaters in time.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
what about jamaicans motocross team!!! get some dreds poking out from under your helmet. with a bright print shirt and oversized shorts with really colorful socks. ask everybody where the motocross de nations is!! get some cool colored sunglasses too. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Okay... I figured out my costume... please keep the laughter to a minimum :p

Now I have to figure out something for Red - I'm thinking a cowboy would be easy to rig up. Tape a cowboy hat to his helmet. And... umm... what else??

(I'll wear the mask on the back of my helmet during the races)

Attachments

• me 009-2.jpg
    me 009-2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 98

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Can you find some cheap chaps he can wear? Over his riding pants of course. Maybe find some rope and tie it to his chest protector--or a vest with a shiny star. Spurs might be kinda hard to get on moto boots though. You could even make chaps if you wanted--felt is pretty cheap at fabric stores, and I'm sure you could find a pattern somewhere. Be sure to load up on cheap conchos and tassels and stuff all over them.

Top Bottom