kdx357

Mod Ban
Nov 20, 2001
i bought a 89 kdx200 at the begining of the summer and it was ok its pipe is pretty heavily dented at the botom a real real fat kid had it and waled it on rocks i want to modify my pipe and remove the dents but my dad is not liking the idea -i already gutted the s/a because the int was cracked and real carboned up i am wondering if i should just bring it over my friends or just modify it at my house i have all the tools but i need to know what jets to put in right after or if i should just buy a pipe whats better fmf or pc or since its opinion what are the power charachteristics of the pipe on a 89

thanks

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
FOR THAT YEAR I WOULD JUST GET THE FMF FATTY PIPE
AND FMF SILENCER AT THE SAME TIME YOU PICKED A GOOD
RELIABLE BIKE I M GOING TO THE KTM BECAUSE MY RIDING
STYLE IS GETTING MORE AGGRESSIVE AND MY KDX COULD NOT
GIVE ME WHAT I DESIRED:aj:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
First off make sure the KDX is running as well as it should .. When is the last time you cleaned the power valves? Or changed rings? If your bike is as fresh as a 89 can be then go out and buy a pipe. The FMF pipe (there is only one avaiable for '89) and the Pro Circuit will both make a BIG difference on top end and keep most of the low end. Remove the airbox lid and put a set of Boyeson Power Reeds in it and you will be amzed a the difference.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
ProCircut has won the most championships!!! And Kawasaki and ProCircut go hand in hand... But either are good,, just make sure you buy the same brand name silencer(no,, dont run the stock silencer)and have fun!! :moon:

Jammertime

Dec 30, 2001
both pipes are good, but the pipes that won the most championchips are made totally different and they were won on totally different bikes.

:aj:

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
I have the PC on my 1993 KDX 250. I have boththe factory sounds silencer and the platinum pipe. This gave me the top end i needed as it already had plenty of torque. For my 1991 KDX 200 i went with FMF power core and fatty pipe. This combo seems to add on the bottom where it is needed on the 200. So i would say that the FMF is the way to go for the KDX 200. Just my .02 worth. No matter which one you get you will love the power difference, especially if the one you have now has a power-robbing dent in it!:aj:

kdx357

Mod Ban
Nov 20, 2001
im not having a problem with low end but if pc makes power all around and especially top end then thats what ill buy

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
Well sounds like you need a PC then. You will find it will fit good(whereas the FMF I had to modify the rad. covers)an dyou should have no problem bolting it on. If you need more top end the, PC combo has it!:aj:

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
yes,,KDX357,,,thats what i wanted too,and i bought the ProCircut.. It is truly in awesome Pipe, Im not sayin anything bad about the FMF,, cause its great too....But my ProCircut is the best bang i could have bought..And Jammertime,, i was clearly just pointing out a simple fact..Take it how you wanna,, ProCircut and FMF make damn good pipes,,plain and simple!!!
:moon:

Top Bottom