Need new bars

brockboy

Apr 12, 2005
I have a 2004 kdx220 I am 6 ft tall and find the stock bars are too low.Any ideas on after market.But don't want to use risers.

Thanks

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Same bike and height and I changed to Moose Mini Hi Bends a while back. Love the extra room for longer arms and especially when standing. No need to change mounts, but a tight squeeze re mounting front brake/light switch/throttle due to 28" width. You could go with full width HI Bends and cut them back if necessary. Reasonably priced and much tougher than stockers. Jim G

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
get CR High bends in some kind of fat bar. After smashing a radiator, and 2 pair sof bar mounts, and still ebing on the same pair of fatbars, im not going ot buy anything else.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I use tag x5 mini works bars.
They are perfect width for the woods. they have a large rise for tall guys. They have the least sweep of ANY 7/8" dirt bike bar giving more room for tal people too. Makes standing up much more natural.

I highly reccomend the TAG X5 mini works bars. I had the CR hi bend bars and they were not high enough, and they swept back too much making them too close to me.

Phil

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I use the MSR mini hi dominator bars with the stock mounts turned around (to give more cockpit room). These mini hi bars are just the right width for woods riding and are more than an inch taller than CR HI bends. Higher bars will help your back and riding position! I am only 5'7" on a good day--I don't understand how you full grown guys over 6' even ride with stock bars? Cheers John

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…