kawaguy

Jan 12, 2005
hi there guys, i just have a few questions that need to be answerd, my bike is a 1999 kawasaki kx125, it has no mods, just the bars graphix, chains, sprockets and stuff like that but no engine mods, i run it at 40:1 with a 160 main and a 45 pilot.

1) have you guys heard of that engine coolant called engine ice, well i was wondering if any of you guys have used it, if so, is it any good? (my dealer told me it is a must have for a small 2-stroke on the dunes)

2)im using a premix oil called, silkoline 2t competion off road motorcycle premix, it is a synthetic ester based oil, my question is that it is such a dark colour, my other oils are a light gold colour but this stuff is really dark, whys that?

3) i ride at the sand dunes requlary and im riding pretty much on the pipe 80% of the time and clutching the hell out of it, how often do you guys think i should change the top end?

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Those conditions are pretty harsh on a 125.
2)Additives they use will add color. I believe most of them start with a neutral clear type of oil and add their secret ingredients. Im no expert on oil for sure, I just have worked many years in the refineries and know we ship out a lot of neutral oils to independent manufactures.
1)I havent used ice, but I have used Water Wetter, I think by red line. And it made a pretty big difference.
3)It all depends on how well you keep your air filter clean, air box sealed. But even with all precautions you may want to try often, like 80 - 100 hours and see how it looks. If it looks good extend it. Its kind of a pay them now or pay them later type of deal. If you wait to long its may cost more.

Top Bottom