Need some expert opinions from Dirt Rider members!

Twistedhawke

May 18, 2010
Hey guys and gals. I currently own a 1989 CR250, it was raced in camel supercross back in the early 90's, and it's one helluva beast. I've been riding it for awhile now, and just love the 2 stroke thrill. I'm looking to purchase a newer bike though, and I need some help with the new bike.
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
I am 6 1' and i'm about 160 pounds.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I'm very aggressive, I absolutely loooove to rip it around and spin that tire!!

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I mostly ride trails now, but I wish to get into racing on MX tracks. So a bike with some great suspension and ability to launch is a must.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
I've been riding for 6 years now. 2 years with a 2 stroke other 4 years with a 4 stroke.

5) Do you think you will race ?
I definitely plan on racing.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
I do my own work on 2 strokes, for they are so simple! 4 strokes take me awhile, so It's really a group project with my Mechanial genius on an uncle :D

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
I do love the 2 strokes power and thrill, but I feel if im constantly hitting that powerband...it's going to lose it's adrenaline effect. It'll get old. Most of the racers are on the 4 strokes nowadays anyway, but they are a little more costly to repair, valves...etc.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Yes I do! Kawasaki, Suzuki. Maybe some yamaha.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
I plan on spending 1300-1800

10) Do you live in California?
Nope.

11) Your age?
I'm 16...NO JOB! :(((

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I've ridden the yz's and I do love those bikes. Honda is very nice and rips very well. I've always wanted a suzuki for some reason, and I dont have any clue as to why i'm so drawn to the RM's. Never been able to ride one.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Chili pretty much nailed it. You may be better off saving a bit more, cracking the $2,400 mark will open up quite a bit more in the way of quality and later model year bikes.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well your weight is fine for a 125 but you talk about being aggressive and liking power, on a 125 you'll be giving away plenty of it especially if you race.

Top Bottom