suzuk!_ch!k

Feb 28, 2007
i got a bike this summer..a little 80cc but i dont know the year of it or anything and surfing the net is hell trying to find what u wanna know! lol..its an older dirtbike..guessing in the 80's..so if anyone has any suggestions of how i can find out info on it that be awesome! :cool: the guy i got it from said i need a clip for the pin or sumtin?? :think: how can i fix this myself?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
It will be either a DS80 or an RM 80. The DS is a trail bike, the RM is a motocrosser.

"Clip for the pin" is a little vague to give any sort of reccomendations. If you mean the piston pin circlip, that is inside the top end of the engine, which is not difficult to service, but your mechanical abilities and comfort level will dictate whether you can fix it yourself or not.

With a little more info on what needs repair on the bike, we can give you more help in determining what you need to do to fix the bike.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Wow, where do you start?

Sorry, my crystal ball just isn't bringing your bike into focus for me. Perhaps you could help us out a little?

If it is a major brand then I would expect that the manufacturer's name would be on it someplace! If it was some cheap knock off then it might be impossible to identify.

A picture would help. If you could post a picture someplace on the web and give us a link to it someone might be willing to take a look at it and try to identify it.

The Vehicle Identification Number might help. It should be stamped in the frame, I believe on the section that holds the fork clamps / steering.

"need a clip for the pin or sumtin??"

Hmmm.... the circlip for the piston wrist pin? Is the engine together, or did it come as parts in a box?

Maybe it was the clip on the master link for the chain. Does it have a chain on it?

If you want help fixing it, tell us what's wrong with it.

Rod

suzuk!_ch!k

Feb 28, 2007
it is an RM80...there r two numbers i got off of it..the first one was from the frame by the forks and steering...RM80 25479..the other was on the left side of the engine..25456...the clip i was talking about is inside the carburator..something to do with the throttle..lol..i wish i knew my bike better :P

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
If all it needs is a needle clip, or the clip to hold the throttle cable in the slide (little metal piece, with a screw holding it to the slide), then all you need is your serial number (from the steering head on the frame behind the triple clamps) and a trip to your Suzuki dealer. 5 minutes even if you're all thumbs to pull the slide, and replace these parts.

suzuk!_ch!k

Feb 28, 2007
thanx for checkin that out for me..it probly looked like taht when it was brand new lol...yep its got a metal tank..doesnt have any decals on it tho...right now im looking for a kickstart lever for it...

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
i know parts are scarce for them, i have a 79 rm80 which is really hard to find parts and stuff for. and also being 16 and restoring a bike almost twice the age of me dosent help...........

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom