Need Suggetions - Which Bars ??

KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
I have a 98 KDX 200 and I ride only on trails and cross country through the woods. No track riding for me. I'm in search of some new bars. I have my mounts turned around so I have a little more reach. In order for the bars not to feel too close I have to pivot them fairly far forward, all my buddies say this is the cause of my rapid arm pump. The distance feels right to me but it's as if I'm riding with my wrists bent down way too much. Have any of you had this problem and found the right bars??? Thanks for your input!

WoWman

Jun 23, 2002
I found some pretty sweet bar risers the other day, it should move them bars forward up to 3 and 1/2 inches!
Click here!

As far as bars go, if you want really tall ones, Jimmy Buttons (Renthal) are the tallest they make.

YZ an CR bends are also good in my books. I have the Windham bends now, I like the bend...maybe a little less sweep would be better...

Good luck. :)

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Tag X5. They will fit your stock mounts and are very strong. Dennis Kirk has a chart with the dimensions so you can get the bend you want. I have the cr high bend, and my mounts turned foreward as you do. The books I have read on riding and bike set up state you should sit on your bike while it is on a stand and close your eyes. Then hold out your arms, and that is where your bars should go. Fine tune after that.
Lew

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom